jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Do you write for Yahoo Voices? What has your experience been like?

1. Lifefusion profile image78
    Lifefusionposted 4 years ago via iphone

Just curious if any Hubber also write for Yahoo Voices and if so tell me about your YV experience. Do you use YV to help promote your Hubs and vice versa? Any Tips especially for YV?

1. Barbara Kay profile image87
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've wondered about writing there too since they seem to show up show so well in the search engines. A writing friend told me that she doesn't get as much traffic there as she does here though. You'd think that would be different since Google seems to like them so well.

Lifefusionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking that since Yayhoo! Answers is a Page Rank 7 site it could be could for placing links back to related content on Hubpages and others sites. I am going to try it out anyway. Thanks for the info.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

My experience was very negative. I was subjected to some extremely unethical conduct there. I've ranted about it before. Not in the mood to rant about it again. No need. They have the absolute worst payout rate in the industry. So really no need for me to belabor their other crap conduct.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

And when I finally left them they screwed up my final check and never did pay me.  I agree...there are many problems on that site.

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

I do write there occasionally. My views there are a lot lower then here at HubPages. It is nice to get upfront pay with Yahoo, but their PPV is a lot lower so I think it evens out.
    Some people do well, especially those who write about fashion, "hot" technology and celebrities.

Thanks, I have been hearing that their PPV is low.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Ya wanna know about Yahoo Voices?

Here's  a quote from one of the commenters: "They are presently faced with a numerous amount of lawsuits from former members."

Here's the review link. No, the review was not written by me.

http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=133516

And don't forget to read the comments after the review. Based on the comments, Yahoo Voices is even far worse now.

Thanks for the helpful link. It seems as if there may be some dishonesty from Yahoo. I don't like the idea that they can still make money off of your content after they have disabled your account. I might just stay away from all that mess.

5. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 4 years ago

I'm actively writing for YCN as well as HubPages. I use each platform for different types of articles. Since YCN likes pieces of 300-450 words, they get my shorter articles. Also, to this point I place my opinion pieces there. My biggest frustration with YCN is the wait of 1-2 weeks between submission and publication as they do their editorial evaluation. On the other hand, as a new writer, YCN's editorial standards have actually helped me. I've had maybe a quarter of my submissions initially rejected before being accepted after I made required revisions. Since I've been able to get a fair amount of up-front payments, my YCN earnings so far outpace those from HP, though HP definitely has a higher page view rate. All-in-all, I'm satisfied with both platforms.

Thanks for your honest opinion. It makes a lot of since to use Yahoo for your smaller pieces.

working