jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Adding tags to hubs

1. RyanBuda profile image92
    RyanBudaposted 3 years ago

Hello Hubbers,

I have been away from the hubbing business for a while (college and my day job have been hectic). I just began writing a new hub and noticed that I couldn't find the place to add the tags or keywords(I forget the actual name) that you want to use to help get hits on search engines.

Is this feature gone? Am I just blind?

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey RyanBuda!

Sorry for the confusion- indeed, while you were out, we retired tags. There is an explanation as to why this change was made here: http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tags were never used to help get hits on search engines. You're confusing tags on HubPages with tags on a blog - same name, totally different purpose.

Tags on HubPages were used for internal navigation and weren't shown to search engines.

2. writinglover profile image82
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

Hi! Yeah. Those are gone due to various reasons (I think abuse of this feature was one of the major reasons--I'd have to find the link). You're not blind. smile

3. Rec Legisma profile image82
    Rec Legismaposted 3 years ago

I'm a new hubber but it is a good move for Hubpages to remove the tags. It will filter out all the articles. We can be sure that our hardwork in writing articles will pay off by not being overpowered by tags of spammers.

4. yupperclub profile image66
    yupperclubposted 3 years ago

Use SEO in your hubs and the keywords will automatically be picked up ... as far as tags go, your category breakdown should direct your SEO'd keywords to the right audience.  For a primary keyword, use a density between 2% and 4%...then try some LSI (latent search indexed) keywords...you can probably use about 3% total, using each LSI keyword only once.