jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Earnings: External Affiliate Settings

1. Copper Man profile image84
    Copper Manposted 3 years ago

A question about the Earnings External Affiliate Settings. In checking my Google Adsense Reports, I see that my Google ID number (at the Google site) reads pub-xxxxxx...729. However, on my HubPages Earnings page I see it as ca-pub-xxxxx...729. I'm not sure how the ca- got there as I think I just copy/pasted the ID from the Google page.
    Do I need to change the ID to pub- etc.?

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mine is the same and I have had no issues in the 4 years I've been here.  Have you logged into Google to check your CTR? Check with analytics as well and if it is showing traffic, then all is well.

2. yupperclub profile image67
    yupperclubposted 3 years ago

it's still the same account...the ca could just be the location (california?)...i wouldn't worry about it.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

The CA- prefix means it is a "Hosted Adsense Account". These can only be used in conjunction with Google partnership programs that use a Google Adsense API to enable revenue sharing (Youtube, Hubpages etc).

If you simply have PUB- as the prefix, you have a full account that you can use anywhere that meets Adsense ToS.

If you want to upgrade, you can submit your own website for review via Adsense.