jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Overly promotional hub

1. Emily Keomanyvanh profile image61
    Emily Keomanyvanhposted 3 years ago

I recently got a violation on one of my hubs saying it was overly promotional. I checked the rules for this and I can say that my hub doesn't have any more links than the rest of my hubs and I didn't overly use keywords. Is It because my hub is a book review for an anthology?

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure what the exact reason may be, but we have a more full description of the various causes of that moderation here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

And if you're still stumped, feel free to respond to the email notifying you of the violation to ask for further clarification. smile

2. yupperclub profile image67
    yupperclubposted 3 years ago

I would think that yes it could be...you are not concentrating on ONE specific thing, but rather reviewing MANY things...this could be considered promotional for each thing.  I think a Hub is kind of a promotional thing to start with...you're publishing something and therefore promoting it.  Just a thought.

3. jdw7979 profile image80
    jdw7979posted 3 years ago

That is confusing. Are you not doing promotion within the hubs themselves- Plus if you are inline with what your hub is generally about and the information contained, then what is the big deal? I find these issues hard to understand at time, especially if links and such pertain to the information involved.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree the name of the rule is confusing, but its meaning is very straightforward.

The overly promotional rule says you can't link to the same domain more than twice within a Hub.  So say, for instance, I want to link to a couple of pages on my belly dance blog - that's fine, but if I want to link to a third page, it's not allowed.  However I could link to a page on my flamenco blog instead, and that would be fine.

4. Theophanes profile image94
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

If you are linking to books just find several domains you can get that book's information from. For instance you'd be tempted to list every book's Amazon link but if you have more than two books that'll be a problem for HP. Instead just link two to Amazon and then find other retailers to link the rest to - maybe help a little mom and pop shop in your area that also has the book listed or go for the bigger outlets like Borders, and Barnes and Noble. Just keep every shop at 1-2 links and you -should- be able to skirt around this issue.

5. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

You are allowed to write review hubs on Hub Pages from what I've heard. You just have to make sure that you don't have too many amazon links on your hub and that the links you do have actually relate to the content of the hub.

1. lovebuglena profile image91
      lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Same goes for eBay...

6. Anonymous00 profile image79
    Anonymous00posted 3 years ago

I'd say just try not to linkback to your homepage constantly. The hub should be more focused on the "content" written and less on linking back or referring to your own homepage or other addresses.

7. Emily Keomanyvanh profile image61
    Emily Keomanyvanhposted 3 years ago

Thanks for all your input, I'll check it out.