Google Gaffes on Hubpages

1. shashigai profile image60
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

Have you seen an ad on a Hubpage that just...somehow...doesn't fit? This was mildly irritating at first, and I don't remember the ads, but today I saw one that topped any list. On a page discussing benzodiazepine addiction and recovery, I saw an ad for "Cheap Xanax (another benzo)!

I wondered if anyone else had seen anything like this. Post it here.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

I mostly notice them when a hub is freshly published.  Usually, the ads are about dating or some such thing, regardless of the topic.

I think you're getting that in accordance with some of your keywords.  Guess they don't discriminate between trying to get off the drugs and trying to get some drugs.  Either that, or they figure their target audience will see that ad and get some more instead of beating their addiction.

Anyway, there's nothing personal about the ads placed, they're just matched to the tags and basic content, I think.

3. shashigai profile image60
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

those weren't my hubs - they were published a while ago by a drug rehab place called novus detox. i was doing a search and they have 57 hubs on drugs but only a good rating and i was curious so i clicked on one.
    somewhere i have a quote about how random the universe is. it doesn't surprise me that the google universe is just as random.