jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon referral rate scale?

1. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Does anyone know Amazon's referral rate scale? It obviously starts out at 4% and grows to 6% after selling 7 items, but I'm hoping maybe someone can send a link to show the sliding commission scale that amazon uses.

Looked on amazon and hubpages forums and could find nothing...

2. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I want to say I've posted the scale on the forums somewhere, but I don't feel like looking bc my laptop is acting up...

Classic rate is 4% flat out

Performance rate is as follows:

1-6 items: 4.00% 
    7-30 items: 6.00% 
    31-110 items: 6.50% 
    111-320 items: 7.00% 
    321-630 items: 7.50% 
    631-1570 items: 8.00% 
    1571-3130 items: 8.25% 
    3131+ items: 8.50% 

Electronics is a flat rate of 4% no matter what fee structure you choose or what tier you're at, and I think you get a set dollar for computers and laptops, but I can't seem to find it (maybe $20 or something. I don't know)

3. WeddingConsultant profile image82

Whitney, you are awesome! Thanks

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

It is not back-dated though. So for example, if you sell 7 items, you only get the higher commission on the 7th item sad

1. Whitney05 profile image63
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure I understand... I've noticed that when I up to the next tier all commisions previously earned that month gets bumped, except the electronics.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not my experience. I only seem to get the lower commission for the earlier sales. I will check though smile

5. WeddingConsultant profile image82

Good to know.

And as I continued to search, I found the info in case anyone else is interested:

http://www.freedomideas.com/images/amazon-fees.jpg

This is the chart for the performance fee structure, not the classic fee structure.

6. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Mark, that is odd... I just checked mine, and my tier has gone up, but all previous sales from the first few days have also gone up, except electronics...  I especially noticed this during December when I made a number of sales due to the holidays, all previous sales except electronics would go up per new tier, which was lovely.

working