jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

A New format for Photos section?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

We label our photos by category in the photos section, but cannot access them by category.  Why not set them up to be grouped for easier access?  This would also avoid a lot of repeat photos and would make this section more user friendly.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can actually access photos by category from the Photo Capsule (see photo below).
      Are you recommending something different though? If so, would you mind emailing me about it directly?

2. Curiad profile image82
    Curiadposted 3 years ago

I have wondered about that as well. I would like to have the ability to categorize my photos into groups similar to the file structure I use on my own PC. This way I could find and reuse them easily, and as you said, it would save a huge amount of storage space on the HP servers.

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image13
    Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago

I agree with this suggestion. It didn't matter so much when I only had a few images but now I'm starting to have lots of images as I have more and more hubs and it is becoming a bit difficult to look around for images in the photos section. It would greatly help if we could search around by category. Since we can already label the photos by category, it would make things easier to also be able to search around by category.

4. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 3 years ago

I gave up on the categories in the "My Photo" section of the photo capsule not long after the categorizing of photos was introduced. I placed photos in categories (two days work) and could never get the categories to come up or work right. I end up re-uploading photos I want to use again, so that ends up wasting space on the HP servers. Fixing this issue could end up helping out HP!
    This needs to be re-worked!!!