Cannot comment on an answer to my question...

1. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I asked a question on Hub Pages and got a few answers. I left a comment on one answer but after submitting it I realized that I forgot to write something in that comment. There was no option to leave another comment on that answer so I deleted it thinking I can comment from scratch and this time write all I wanted to say. But after the comment got deleted I no longer see an option to comment on that answer. Was this always like this or is it a glitch?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In some cases, if you post a reply to a question you posted from the same IP address, it will be locked as the logic is that an author shouldn't be answering their own question.

This is by design as discussions (two way conversations on the site) should take place in the forums.
      You can find the forums here.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Because I could no longer comment on that particular answer I had no choice but to answer my own question so I could reply to the person that asked me something related to my question... I thought that if one deletes a comment from an answer that it would be as if he/she never wrote one for that answer and can start from scratch and comment on that answer again. That doesn't seem to be the case.