jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (20 posts)

Hub statistics page: little red triangles

1. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Hi - just noticed on my hub statistics page to the right of 1 hub name I have 2 little red triangles and next to another 1 triangle - I cant click the triangles -  I cant see anything unusual in the stats for those hubs- what does it mean? Is it good?

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

I see them too. I have several. Blue and red ones. I'm thinking possibly marking their movement up or down. Just a guess. But even still they keep changing. went from 6 reds to 2.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

They are supposed to show hubs where traffic is trending up or down, based on the average daily views extrapolated from the daily, weekly, and monthly totals.  The calculations may still need a little refining, but that is the idea.

For low traffic hubs, one or two views may be enough to change the trend.

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Thanks you might want to put this one in the FAQ - I thought they were flagged for being bad or something!

5. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

Can we have an option to turn the triangles off??

6. Kenny Wordsmith profile image83
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Paul! I thought I wrote something dirty by accident! Whew!

7. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 9 years ago

I am so glad you guys get up before me wink
    I was on my way in to ask.

8. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Its better when I am in NZ then I am another 5 hours ahead of what I am now!

9. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 9 years ago

so...what do TWO red triangles mean? Dear God, I hope it doesn't mean that I am pregnant.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

10. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I love it you can see at a glance of your stats which hubs are performing better and which are dropping like a stone, it looks like the music charts well done hubteam another great addition to the site.....jimmy

11. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image78
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 9 years ago

I like this feature. Very helpful!

12. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

Marye Audet- LOL!
    I, for one, love this new feature. Thanks again, guys. (and gals)

13. mojoisland profile image61
    mojoislandposted 9 years ago

I thought we where on a HubPages Homeland Security Alert!  Its 2 red Triangles Don't let anyone but you handle your Hubs!   big_smile

14. sanpnrad1 profile image68
    sanpnrad1posted 9 years ago

the triangles dont indicate correctly.
    i have two red triangles for a hub which is having a drastic fall in popularity.
    from 700+ page views a day to just 200.

15. ForTheLove profile image89
    ForTheLoveposted 9 years ago

THANK YOU, guys! I wondered what in the world those triangles meant... kind of freaked me out at first. I thought of the stock market scroller on CNN, though. The thing that confused me is that RED triangles signal growth while BLUE ones signal drop in traffic.... Red generally (to me, atleast) is a negative indicator while blue or green is positive. Not nitpicking the color selection, just explaining how it confused me at first smile

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Green up arrows and red down arrows would avoid a lot of confusion.

16. reviews by jan profile image59
    reviews by janposted 9 years ago

Hi, I just started hubs a couple of weeks ago and found a red triange on one of my hubs today.  I just want to thank you guys for posting about it.  I felt really worried too, like it was flagged for deletion or something.  I feel better now, and realize its a good thing - thanks again

17. Chuck profile image83
    Chuckposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Paul for explaining the triangles.  I just checked my account list and noticed them on some of my hubs.  Like others here, I got concerned as to what they meant.

I try to periodically update my existing hubs and these triangles will help in indicating which ones need it the most.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

18. barryrutherford profile image37
    barryrutherfordposted 9 years ago

me too i just got two & thought i got pinged for something...