jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

How about adding a word counter for titles ?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

It would be helpful to have word counters for titles similar to the ones we have for summaries.  What do you think?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think that would be very helpful indeed, TIMETRAVELER2! I'll bring it up in our next community meeting!

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great. I don't imagine it would be very hard for you folks to do seeing as you already have the software to do it for the summaries.  Frankly, I'm tired of counting words now that I'm using more long tail key word titles!  Will appreciate this change, and I know others will as well.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey again! I just started a story for us to implement this feature. It's crazy that we haven't already, and the team agrees that this would be quite useful. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Presumably you mean a character counter, and yes that would be quite useful.  I get tired of counting characters in making a title.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

I check that in Word before I publish, and I hope you mean characters because if you need software to count the number of words in a title you are using too many smile

Geesh, you guys are picky today. Yes, I meant characters, not words! Mea Culpa.  By the way, wilderness, I have updated every RV article...and some of those updates were in response to your complaint about my use of lists.  Take a look and see what you think now!

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They look good to me, TT - much better than before with all those lists.  They're just a lot more readable now, at least to my eye.  Good job.

Thanks...you have no idea how much work this has been for me!  However, I agree...I let it get way out of hand.  I appreciate your advice.

1. wilderness profile image97
            wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
        Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, I was kidding...

No problem...I still love you.

4. larakern profile image80
    larakernposted 3 years ago

This is a great idea! I hope to see it implemented soon!

working