jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The Funniest Thing You Did This Week

1. anasshad profile image81
    anasshadposted 3 years ago

Tell us one funniest thing you did this week. Remember it should be short and funny.

Just Make Us Laugh big_smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

An interesting challenge which I am prepared to take up.  As a humor writer I find life is full of rich comic moments which give me an endless source of material for a successful career on the internet.  Indeed, if only I could dictate my day to a selection of fairly attractive typists, I would be able to create even more wildly funny pages simply by relating the true events which happen around me.

Unfortunately I am restricted to my own typing of these hilarious anecdotes which means that I rarely have time to visit a forum thread such as this one.  No matter - I have decided that you shall be given a comic moment, not because I expect vast amounts of traffic to visit my fabulously entertaining outpourings but because I find myself at a temporary humor loose-end.

Let me pick just one insanely funny happening from the endless fun that fills my life.

I am an ordered sort of person even when having wild fun!  In particular, I make sure always to place my car keys in the hall, where they are available should I determine in a moment of zany comic madness to drive my car somewhere.  Perhaps to refuel or buy some shopping,

This morning, even as I type this, I notice that my car keys are in the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I must be going quite literally crazy, or perhaps on a more serious note, maybe my brain function is declining which is not very funny if it were a precursor to hospitalization and perhaps death.

However, such dark thoughts do not disturb a comic writer, and when I saw my car keys in the WRONG PLACE I almost smiled.  "You silly old f---er" I murmured to myself, "Those keys must be moved immediately".  What is making me chuckle even now while I view them is that I haven't yet done it...

... because I have been so busy typing this!!!!!!!   Oh lol, wetpants and smileyface.

It's absolute madness round my house I can tell you.

edit:  I have now moved the keys so the fun is over for now.  More anecdotes available on my blog - Going Insane.  It's not all funny but I try my best despite everything.

2. Muttface profile image91
    Muttfaceposted 3 years ago

I peeled a boiled egg in a funny manner.
    It was so funny!!! Ha ha ha, I laughed for freaking ages!
    But a joke loses a lot of its hilarity when you retell it...

3. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

Was video my wife pulling my Grandchild on a blanket down the hall - our black lab chased them, grabbed hold of the blanket and pulled my Grandchild back down the hallway!

I'm hoping it's going to make me a millionaire by becoming viral on Youtube!!!

4. Spence Bailey profile image61
    Spence Baileyposted 3 years ago

If awkward moments count then I spied a little kid eating food from a trash can at my Arbys.
    It wasn't like he was a poor kid who needed the free meal, it was more like he had just wondered away from his mom, walked up to the trash can and the saw the sandwich and started eating. As soon as he looked around and made eye contact with me he screamed once real loud, dropped the sandwich and went into the bathroom.

I'll never understand kids even though I'm only 18.