jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Google Disavow Link Tool - Backlinks

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

In Matt Cutts Panda 2.0 Release video he mentions using the Google Disavow link tool. I am beginning to do a little bit of research about this, and trying to figure out if there are backlinks I need to disavow.
    I have never used black hat backlinks, but I do have backlinks show up that seem questionable in my mind. My first question is if we need to be using this tool before the release of Panda 2.0.

Secondly, in Google Web Master Tools it warns to be careful how you use this tool because it could have negative effects on ranking. Before I spend too much time on this, I wonder if this is something I should be doing. Are others here at Hubpages using this tool? If so, how are you identifying spammy backlinks?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see the link disavow tool as a last ditch attempt to get back into Google's graces when:

1. your website/subdomain has clearly been penalised by the Penguin algo (not Panda) and

2. you know you have been building lots of dodgy links and

3. you have personally tried to get all of your self created spammy links removed from other websites and have a record of this

If you haven't been building crap links and your site has not been penalised, then there is no reason to use it.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
        Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for answering. I want to go back and finish tweaking my hubs for the better. I would like to have that done before panda 2.0. I don't want to waste time on something that won't make a difference.

1. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

working