jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where to find the # of views of fellow hubbers?

1. bredies profile image60
    brediesposted 3 years ago

Just out of interest where does one find how many views another hubber has had?

I was reading a little spat on one of the discussions in which people were quoting how many views other hubbers had. 

It was entertaining but more importantly I realise that by reading the popular hubs, and checking the format, with a view to doing something similar (but to suit my personal style) would help my number of views.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can get an idea of other hubbers total account views by date range using Google's ad planner. Going by my own stats it's fairly accurate, although it doesn't update in real time ie: it takes a a few weeks for the stats to catch up with any big traffic changes. It also only shows our 60% of views (adsense impressions), not total traffic to our subdomain.

There's also Alexa.com which shows what it thinks are the top 100 subdomains in terms of traffic, but that doesn't seem to be very accurate at all.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

You can see a little accolade on the Profile page for number of views for all Hubs on a Hubber's subdomain.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Something I have learned in my years here is that the # of views is not indicative of the quality of writing.
    Look at any #1 search result on google and you know what I mean.   

I'm a follower of Patty Inglish and she has over 10 million views.  Her hub formats are a great example to follow, in my opinion.  She answers questions, she gives information and gives additional resources.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

If a user chooses to share their accolades, you'll get an idea of the last benchmark for views that person achieved.  If they don't share those details on their profile, you'll have no idea.

5. bredies profile image60
    brediesposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I guess I am none the wiser and none the worse off.