jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Let me ask again

1. sydneyspence profile image89
    sydneyspenceposted 4 years ago

Over the last couple of weeks I have ad to remove links from several hubs because they were "broken" ~ the thing is they are ALL hubs of mine that I have linked to. ONLY my hub links are broken. Can someone tell me why this keeps happening? It is very frustrating.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is indeed frustrating, sydneyspence! I am sorry to hear that happen. Has anyone found that their internal links are being broken? Is there any pattern?

If so, please report it in the technical problems Forum- it could be a bug, and I'd love for us to be able to fix it!!

1. lady rain profile image86
        lady rainposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had broken links quite a few months ago, I think they showed up after someone clicked on the links when the HP site was temporarily down for maintenance. It only affected the hubs with higher traffic because they were viewed just before the HP site was down, and any link to another hub shouldn't work if someone clicked on it. I think that was the problem with my links. Testing the links again in edit mode removed the broken icons.

Another time I had a broken link was a spelling error in the link. Someone must have clicked on it and it didn't go anywhere!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Were those hubs briefly unpublished for editing or something?  I had broken links for a while while I had some hubs down to make edits. Try reinstalling the hyperlink after you've removed it - maybe that will fix the problem?

sydneyspenceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No Marcy ~ they have never been unpublished ~ they are actually my highest traffic hubs ... just all of a sudden Hub links are breaking ... no other links have had an issue

2. sydneyspence profile image89

I also tried re-installing but two days later they are broken again sad

3. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you provide examples of a Hub or Hubs (title and/or URL) as well as the links you are seeing as broken?  We can then look into it further.

Sure, the one that I've left for example is http://sydneyspence.hubpages.com/hub/Visiting-Texas - the link to Visit Port Aransas comes up in my stats as broken. I've already removed the link from within the body of text I had it linked in. When I click on the link it gives me this message 410. That page doesn't exist. However, when going in to edit it from my stats page it comes up just fine. Just no one else can get to it now ... I've had to remove all associated links to Visit Port Aransas from all other hubs I had it linked to. I also mentioned it still appears to be a featured article with enough hits to keep it alive at least so it's not one that has been unpublished lol smile

2. sydneyspence profile image89
        1. Matthew Meyer profile image79

That Hub isn't published. So the broken link message is accurate.

I guess that's what I'm trying to explain. The hub is published - it still comes up as a featured hub on my stats and I certainly didn't delete it

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79

Where are you seeing this URL/Hub as published?
              http://sydneyspence.hubpages.com/hub/Vi … nsas-Texas

This one is published and seems pretty similar.
              http://sydneyspence.hubpages.com/hub/Th … nsas-Texas

2. tillsontitan profile image91
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately hubs are not the most reliable resources.  Often a hub is no longer featured and it is unpublished by the hubber,for good and you are left with a broken link.  It is frustrating but I have had it happen to me often.  The majority of my broken links are from hubs that have been removed for one reason or another.  Of course there's also the odd hubber who is banned from hub pages and there hubs are no longer available.  It can be a variety of reasons.  I know what you mean as I had three this week myself.  Some weeks go by and not a one, others like this week, more than one.  You can either delete the link and forget about  it, or go back in a week or so and see if the hub has been republished.

None of the links I am referring to have been unpublished smile they are all still featured as well. I'll remove them for now and see if perhaps HP gets the issue fixed

working