jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

disabled ads for no reason yet again

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 3 years ago

I would like to know why this Hub after SOOOO long has now been disabled for ads. It is informative for Healthcare workers as well as patients. It draws a lot of views and I am starting to think you disable Hubs just because it costs you money....this is NOT the first time this has happened to my more popular Hubs....very disappointed.

http://paulahenry1.hubpages.com/hub/Wound-Vac-Therapy

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

You need to email the moderators for a best response to ad disabling.

I'm going to say, based on over six years of reading Hubs, it's due to extreme medical imagery not suitable for all audiences.  But I'm not a mod, I'm just guessing.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Relache's advice is what I would give, too PaulaHenry1!

For more information on non-ad-safe subjects, visit this Learning Center entry: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/rest … d_22757266

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like yet another hub I don't want to go near. Seems like there are a lot of those showing up around here lately. Sorry, Paula. smile

3. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I was ind of surprised by those images myself. And I am not particularly squeamish.

4. Anonymous00 profile image80
    Anonymous00posted 3 years ago

That's a shame. Quality content deemed inadmissible purely because it's graphic in nature. My only real suggestion would be self-hosting or placing a statement in the footnote advising graphic content.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
      PaulaHenry1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well obviously that doesnt work either.Went on to read replies and noticed yet another 3 Hubs have been disabled and they have been up for years! One with a statement regarding image....

1. Anonymous00 profile image80
        Anonymous00posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Obviously ... If you place it on your own domain you have greater control over the content. Otherwise edit out whichever parts are problematic and resubmit. You can always try contacting support and see if they can suggest which section needs review.

working