Following frivolously?

1. 0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

Is it really worth it to follow every single person you encounter in HubPages? I think not. I mean, I see some people on here with thousands of followers and dozens of hubs (with poor grammar and spelling), and their profile HubScores are only in the low 60's. In contrast, I'm a very conservative follower as I focus mostly on my writing skills here in HP, I only follow those people that I truly have an interest in, and my average HubScore is in the 90's. So what's your opinion on following as many people as possible just to try and get more followers?

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree, and indiscriminately following someone can also DECIMATE one's Hubber Score.

2. SolarWind9 profile image60
    SolarWind9posted 3 years ago

Twitter has taught me to only follow those that truly interest me. Otherwise things can get unmanageable. I went off the radar here on Hubpages for a year or so and my hubscore is down in the 50's. The plan is to get back into it slowly and comment here or there where it interests me to do so, follow a few hubbers that I can relate to and post a hub or two a month. I should be up in the 80's again in no time.