jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Stolen content on docstoc.com

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

You might want to check out docstoc.com for stolen hubs. Thanks, suziecat, for letting me know you saw one of mine. I found one other. I also recognized three from HP and notified those hubbers, too. It doesn't look like it's the whole site. They even have their own DMCA form, and they have already been responding to me via email. So far I've only found hubs from one person. Here's a link to get started if you would like it: http://www.docstoc.com/profile/mohsinaliali/2

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for notifying the community, Victoria Lynn!!

It is great to hear that docstock.com has a good DMCA policy and has been so far responsive to takedown requests. Hopefully more sights will be good about this!!!

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
        Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome, Simone! Yes, at least they do have something in place for contacting them. I'll see how quickly they take them down. Hopefully soon!

2. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

Victoria - I clicked on your link and found several topics on singing where parts of the content are obviously taken from my own hubs.
    Urgggggggh!

Thanks for posting this.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

You're welcome, vocalcoach. I hate it. We'll see how quickly they respond to our complaints.

working