jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)

Rising Star Accolade

1. Sugahware profile image92
    Sugahwareposted 3 years ago

It seems that by some miracle I've won Rising Star not once, but twice! I am totally shocked, pleasantly surprised, and absolutely motivated to keep on writing. I won a few weeks ago on a hub about feeding dogs raw eggs, then again this week for a cookie recipe using coconut oil.

At this point in time I only have one Rising Star Accolade on my profile. Will I get two? I don't mean to sound greedy but I am just so darn proud!

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on that second win, Sugahware! Because your situation is so rare, the Accolade does not actually accomodate counts like some others do (e.g. the Featured Hub Accolade), and for that I apologize... but again, congratulations!!

Sugahwareposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone! I actually feel even more special now, given that winning twice is so rare. Good luck to you on your future endeavor!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on the accomplishment, Sugahware! Do keep up the great writing!

Thanks Christy!

3. Bonnie-Jean Rohne profile image81
      Bonnie-Jean Rohneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good for you! Even one means you are a step above many other writers, and your star is truly rising. Be proud and keep writing!

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Congrats! I don't know whether you get two accolades on your profile for the two achievements.

3. epbooks profile image84
    epbooksposted 3 years ago

That is so awesome!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!! smile

Thanks EP!

4. Anonymous00 profile image79
    Anonymous00posted 3 years ago

Congrats.

5. CloudExplorer profile image81
    CloudExplorerposted 3 years ago

Congratulations and welcome to our awesome hubpages community, I know the feeling for sure! Keep up the good work, you will do great here as long as you remain active and never quite writing. Good luck! wink

I am so in love with hubpages. Everyone is so warm and welcoming. Thanks for the encouragement!

6. jlongrc profile image92
    jlongrcposted 3 years ago

I really appreciate HP having the Rising Star award.  I was feeling somewhat discouraged that it would take so long before I'd have a lot of hubs, be able to make money, etc. It was great to get this pat on the back along the way.

I totally agree. I love earning the accolades. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and is a great motivator. Thanks for the comment!

7. Kasman profile image90
    Kasmanposted 3 years ago

That's awesome sugahware, I need to check out those hubs and see how amazingly award worthy they are! I actually won two as well but for some reason it didnt show up twice. Weird huh?  On well,  at least you know it for yourself! Have a great one!

Congratulations to you too Kasman! I will be checking out your hubs as well!

8. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Congratulations on being a two-time winner!  Simone is right - that is very rare!  I wish HP had some way of adding a tiny badge to the accolades to signify this - (like the 'oak leaf cluster' the military has).  Maybe someday that will be possible. You certainly deserve that recognition!

Thanks Marcy! Yes, some sort of accolade or badge would be nice. For now I'm just happy to be recognized and I am totally amazed at the response my hubs have received. I am so grateful for hubpages. It is really helping me build my confidence as a writer. Thanks for your encouragement!

9. Jordan Hake profile image85
    Jordan Hakeposted 3 years ago

Congratulations, Sugahware!  Two times the Rising Star Accolade?  Phew!  That's an achievement! I'm crossing my fingers to see if I can get my own Rising Star! smile

You can do it! Just keep on writing ... thanks for your comment!

10. Kathryn Stratford profile image91
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago

Congrats! Having one is great, but two?!

11. faythef profile image71
    faythefposted 3 years ago

Congratulations..I too have won 2 rising stars..but only 1 accolade

working