jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What does / mean in Google Analytics?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

I have been monitoring my real time traffic for the past week. I have noticed that the active page is sometimes listed as "/". Does anyone know what that means? The last time it happened I checked and it was listed as a social visitor, and I think the source is from Hubpages.

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
      Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe "/" means someone is viewing your profile page. smile

2. Rock_nj profile image88
      Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

/ means the root directory was visited, which means your Profile Page at HubPages.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Basically it is the slashes which divide a URL.
      When the 'slashes' are by themselves it is because there are multiple Hubs. Hover your mouse above each separate blue line exiting on the right side of the green 'box' to see which Hubs were in the box.

2. 95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

This is your profile page. You can test this by visiting your profile page while looking at Google Analytics (I assume this is how you are monitoring your traffic). You will see a visitor to "/" with a dot on the world map either where you live or close by.

3. AmbitiousMarketer profile image59
    AmbitiousMarketerposted 3 years ago

What I suggest you do is block your ip address in google analytics. You statistics are very inaccurate if you are counting your views as you are going to stay on your site and browse the more pages than your visitors.

1. 95
      Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How do you actually do that? I followed the Google advise and it still shows my "hits". Thanks!

4. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

I have already blocked my own views in analytics. When it pops up it is always a Hubpage referral, so it makes sense that it is my profile. Thanks!

working