jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Hubs picked up, dropped from Google within 3 days

1. kabery profile image61
    kaberyposted 7 years ago

I have several hubs that were picked up by Google and Yahoo within a day, ranked high in my desired keyword search results, then we subsequently dropped a few days later. 

Is this because of lack of traffic or could it be something else?

Is is possible to enhance those hubs and get them picked up again?

1. Janet21 profile image78
      Janet21posted 7 years ago in reply to this

In my experience, that is pretty normal.  It happens to my lenses on Squidoo as well.

2. WHoArtNow profile image84
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

It's probably due to other websites get more links to the article they wrote and it's dropped you down a few pages as a similar post gets more popular.

3. barranca profile image78
    barrancaposted 7 years ago

I have written hubs that start out pretty high on google and then slip for a month or two and then slowly climb back up.  There is no way to "win" at this game except by writing a really good hub.  Over time the google is pretty damn good at separating the wheat from the chaff.  It helps to have a hub url that fits searches.  In fact, that is the best short cut to giving your hub a chance.

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No google isnt very good at all as a literary critic. When  a hub is published first its news - and new and google promotes it. Then you will drop back down - sometimes you will come back sometimes not - it depends how competitive your keywords are.

If you want to improve the chances of returning to page 1 build quality backlinks to your hub. Also ensure that your hub its self automatically updates by adding ebay and/or news/rss capsules which automatically update

1. rmshdc profile image61
        rmshdcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that is good Lissie.  since I started adding NEWS/RSS some of my hubs got better ranking and improved hits!

4. kabery profile image61
    kaberyposted 7 years ago

Great insight, thanks everyone.

1. Paul Profitt profile image78
      Paul Profittposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Which one of your articles has dropped out of the google rankings?

I have checked 2 of them

Chipotle: Experience the Burrito and  7 Ways To Enjoy March Madness 2009

Both of them are still no1 in google.

However, if your articles are truly dropping out of the google rankings then it is
      probably due to you not having enough backlinks to it.

Hub pages are good for getting your articles ranked highly in the beginning
      but if you want your article to stay there then you need good quality BACKLINKS

5. seamist profile image80
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Hi Kaybery

It is fairly common. I have the same problem, and yes, it's frustrating. They say write quality content and the traffic will come. Maybe that was true in the old days, but it is not now. Yes, you need quality content, but you also need traffic. Work on getting some backlinks for articles. Here is a good article about the problem: http://www.seobuzzbox.com/when-google-l … r-content/

6. kabery profile image61
    kaberyposted 7 years ago

I guess I spoke too soon.  Right now I have 3 out there.  Seems like they keep coming and going.  It could have been I was not viewing the "omitted results" in my search.