jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Kumbuya - another site to generate traffic to Hubs

1. weirdrash profile image61
    weirdrashposted 3 years ago

If you have not been to Kumbuya, you should check it out.  It is similar to Pinterest but organized around interest categories such as DIY Crafts, Travel or Sci Fi.

There is a general Hubpages community http://www.kumbuya.com/hubpages-connect/

However, you should really browse around and find communities that match your lenses interest area and join those communities -- once you join, you have the ability to post to the community.

They do not yet have the sensing technology that Pinterest has so you have to upload an image, and make sure to include your link in the body of your description, but pretty cool site overall.  There are lots of Squidoo poeple on the site and it is generating some non-Google traffic, like Pinterest does.  Given all the problems with Google of late, we can all use some non-Google traffic.

1. hankfreid profile image60
      hankfreidposted 3 years ago in reply to this

cool, thanks for the suggestion!

2. mathsmaster profile image63
      mathsmasterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this post smile
      Can u tell e how to find the communities with large number of members?
      Because a few communities which I saw had merely 10 to 15 members.

2. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I wonder how popular it will become.

3. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image72
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 3 years ago

I'll have to check it out.  It sounds interesting.  We can use all the help we can get.

4. crazyhorsesghost profile image88
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

Does anyone know of other sites like this. I would like to find a lot of them.

5. Kevin Peter profile image73
    Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago

cool, thanks for the suggestion!!! But only few members are there.....

6. Tealparadise profile image88
    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago

Hi there!  I assume this is your website, due to your low hubpages hubber score. 

As such, I want to offer a simple suggestion.  Please do not take this as combative or rude.  You posted this website here, so please accept a little feedback.

This site is massively more difficult to register for, compared to Pinterest.  As someone with a successful Pinterest account, who actively pins for fun and not just advertising (which is what you need to get your site off the ground) I hit the back button after 2 attempts to register.

It is just an image pinning site.  Not a bank account.  You do not need my name, birthday, zip code, and a password with upper-case, lower-case, letters, numbers, and more than 8 characters. 

Maybe once your site is successful, this added layer of annoyance wouldn't hurt, but as-is it makes the website a pain.  And like H*** am I connecting with Twitter or Facebook to an unestablished site.  Even established places sometimes give in to the urge to do shady stuff once you connect, I will not trust a site that just began and could easily disappear with its access to my accounts.

This is just my two cents.  I hope you take it into consideration.  If you remove the excessive personal info requirements, and let the password be something more reasonable, I would sign up in a heartbeat.