jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Memorial Day plans?

1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 3 years ago

What's everyone doing this weekend? We're having a BIG cookout/pool party, with hot dogs, grilled sausage, BBQ chicken, BBQ ribs, and good ol' southern pulled pork. I stayed up all night rubbing pork butt and ribs. My fridge looks like a swine graveyard. lol. Lots of sides and desserts, too. I can't wait to be with all my family and friends!

1. PaisleeGal profile image81
      PaisleeGalposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My family/friends will be gathering at my Brother's place in the country near the big town of Kenton, Tn for our annual Fish Fry. We set up outdoor cookers and the men do most of that cooking. Besides good ole southern fried fish we'll be doing some hushpuppies, FF taters, onion rings, fried dill pickles, grilled corn, northern beans and an array of great desserts. We'll do the fish on Sunday. On Sat. nite we have a big bonfire by the lake and do hot dogs and S'mores of course. The younger generation will set up tents near the lake, but us older folks claim the comfy beds in the house. On Mon we'll do a big brunch before heading out for our places of abode with lots of memories and pictures to add to our "Life's Adventures" scrapbooks. Can't wait to hit the road for the 2 hr. trip in the morning. I'm overdue for some hugs and laughter!!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounds great!

2. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Sounds like it's going to be a party. Have fun. Glad to hear you and your family are all well.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I'm enjoying our good health.