jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

RESOLVED: QUESTION - Links on Hubs

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Question for Moderators & Administrators:

Is the HP linking system set up so there's no inadvertent reciprocity between 'related hub' links on accounts?  In other words, if the site autofills 'related link' on a hub in my account to a hub in "Sue Smith's" account, does it make certain one of my hubs doesn't get linked to a hub on her account?

It's my understanding that reciprocal linking among subdomains is not good.  I just wanted to make certain there's no accidental reciprocity, in case the system is set up to recognize related titles and subjects but not set up to avoid back-and-forth linking.

Many thanks!

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Marcy, I am not exactly sure how that works behind the scenes, but I have sent an email to Paul Deeds and Paul Edmondson asking them to chime in should they have any insights to provide!

Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks, Simone (and see, this proves you need to stay at HP - what will we do without you???).

The question came up in some FB discussions among Hubbers, and none of us knew how that worked.  Thank you for helping to find out the answer, and whether that would indeed be a problem if it were happening.

Oh, HubPages will be better than ever without Simone Dead Weight holding it back (I'm sitting on our traffic graphs... they're sagging).

The initial reaction back is that the "Discover More Hubs" feature should not hurt things. We're not 100% certain, but you never can be with Google ^_^

Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for checking it out, Simone - I know everyone is busy there, so I appreciate the time that took. Hope that's indeed the way it works!

The understanding is that it's totally OK! Both Pauls agree that it shouldn't hurt. big_smile

2. janderson99 profile image86
            janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Oh, HubPages will be better than ever without Simone Dead Weight holding it back"   ...................
            Think of your new venture Simone. Cheers and Best Wishes

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8052660_f248.jpg

Closed to reply

working