jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Are these ads on HP my computer issue or HP's?

1. peeples profile image87
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8041046_f248.jpg

I am having all sorts of ads popping up only when I am in the HP window. Not sure if it's because of something on my end or HP's.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yikes- is that a pop up ad? We definitely don't allow those. Thanks so much for the screenshot! I'll ping Marina Lazarevic (who manages our ad networks) right away so she can get to the bottom of the issue.

peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes it is. I have had two types pop up today. The one shown and a bar one across the top of the screen while viewing a hub. Thanks!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
          Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey peeples! The bar at the top is probably not a pop up ad. Did it load in a new window after the rest of the page loaded?

Q&A pages have one ad at the top and one at the bottom (while signed out only.) The ad from your screenshot is definitely not something we're running. However, without seeing the ad call code (which you can only grab at the time the ad loads) I won't be able to tell where it's coming from. If you haven't been seeing it frequently, I would let it be. If you have, please email adops@hubpages.com with the information requested here and we will try to track it down. Thanks!

peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had only seen them today, and it was really just the dating pop up ad that popped up on the bottom right side that bothered me. Guess I will let it be because that was I only had those few this morning and nothing else. Thanks.

1. HollieT profile image87
              HollieTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Peoples, I noticed intext links on my hubs after downloading (accidentally) a tool bar. My computer had been hacked. I don't know if it's possible that pop up adds should show instead, but is there a possibility that you've inadvertently downloaded a tool bar, or some other random thing that you don't necessarily want?

I uninstalled and emptied my cache, it got rid of it- just in case this has happened to you.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
                Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A great suggestion! It's possible that you're seeing extra ads because of a toolbar or browser extension.

Though, if you haven't seen them frequently, the ads you saw this morning may have been accidentally shown on HubPages before they were detected and removed from rotation.

working