jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

"Can someone help me understand why my Hub isn't featured?"

1. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 3 years ago

I wrote what I look at as a sort of 4 part hub, "Bringing Cinematic Justice To The Justice League And The DC Universe As a Whole"... with part 1, 2, 3 and 4 all found separately.

These are 4 separate hubs that kind of come together to help form my thoughts on one main subject......BUT... the only problem????

Parts 1,2 and 4 went through the "pending" process with flying colors and all eventually came to be "featured", but part 3 has been sort of left by the side of the road.

I have tinkered with it and even changed the titles of parts 2,3 and 4 (which ended up being the step that ultimately helped 2 and 4 get featured).... and now I am left trying to figure out what, if anything I could be missing in part 3 that I could possibly change to help its chances in finally getting featured. Are there any suggestions? Anyone? Any help would GLADLY be much appreciated.

THANKS!

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for being so diligent about this, rmcmillen!
      If you included "Part X" as an element in each title, a great start would involve taking that out (across all Hubs- Featured or not)- it is a sign to readers that the Hub will not satisfy their need/curiosity completely, which makes the Hub far less attractive.  I would instead give each Hub a specific theme that is reflected in the title.
      More tips on improving the quality of  Hub can be found here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … y-of-a-Hub
      I'm sure other Hubbers can provide some super helpful feedback on the Hub specifically, too.

1. profile image0
        rmcmillenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the insight.

Actually that had been an idea brought to me last night by someone else here on HP. I changed the titles to 2, 3 and 4 to being "Round Two! Fighting The Good Fight... And The Fight Must Go On!", "For The Justice League To Rise Above All, They Must First Fall..... And Fall Hard!" and "An Epic End To An Epic Journey" .....

The other title was what they are still listed under within their web address.

Sorry, should have been more specific.

With the whole Part 2, 3 and 4 thing out of the way, what I see as still being Part 3 or what is now titled as "For The Justice League To Rise Above All, They Must First Fall..... And Fall Hard!" is STILL not being accepted into the fold as being featured like its other parts.

Thanks for the suggestion.....
        Any others out there?

1. profile image0

For only having this floating out there for a day, I'm glad to see it got at least one suggestion (wasn't expecting that until tomorrow possibly)..... Part 3 is still unfeatured, but I will be interested to see what sort of suggestions I get over the next few days and even weeks as time goes on and I continue to hear from the wonderful HP community.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

From my understanding of it, there could be a number of reasons, whether it be low ratings from the QAP, low or no traffic, etc. It's obviously not the title. Make sure you don't have it saturated with key words/words in the title. I guess keep playing with it until you get it to go through.

1. profile image0

I guess I spoke to soon just now when saying I wasn't expecting even one suggestion until tomorrow!

I HOPE its not low traffic since I'm looking at almost hitting 3K in traffic after 10 hubs and just over 2 months..... but I am always looking for new ways to up traffic so if you have ideas on that hit me up privately I suppose.

As far as saturated with key words and all, I did play with it a bit today and changed up the wording so that the word "kill" didn't show up where it showed up 3 times before (didn't want it to seem as if it was promoting violence, ya know?)............ guess, as you say I'll just keep playing with it as much as can be and see if anyone else has any great ideas.....

Thanks for the brain nuggets..... check out the hubs and keep them ideas comin!

1. profile image0

Slight update, not only does the hub have the same "score" as 3 of my other featured hubs (not sure that drives what is featured or not) but it has better traffic than 2 of my other hubs that are actually featured...... and yet? Nothing, I messed around with the suggestions thus far to see if anything would make much of a differenced and still part 3 "For The Justice League To Rise Above All, They Must First Fall..... And Fall Hard!" remains up approved for being featured. I don't know what's wrong, it couldn't be traffic (I would assume) as Alphadogg suggested it may be.... at least I don't think it could be, it is my only hub that has had that rising traffic triangle next to it for a good few hours.................. so, lets see what today brings, shall we? Bring on the suggestions ;-)

1. profile image0

I finally got.......... well...... I wont say an answer...... but I got something!

The icon for "Not Featured-Quality" has finally been stamped next to the hub in question "For The Justice League To Rise Above All, They Must First Fall..... And Fall Hard" ...... but I still don't know what to do.

I have reviewed their quality requirements and I still have no clue what could be the hold up of sorts.....

I hope I get a second or third pair of eyes in the next few days to take a look at the hub and give me their two cents in what it could possibly be.

Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobis you all are my only hope.............

3. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

You probably need to do a lot of re-wording. If it's real similar to the other parts that you written, from my understanding on parts of the QAP (quality portion), they want original/unique information as to not have the same info saturated the web. Ill take a look at it and see if I can see anything and let you know.

4. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

I had a hard time finding the third part.  The link was difficult to find.

There is a lot of white space, some under one of the videos.   

Very distracting.

5. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

I had a hard time finding the third part.  The link was difficult to find.

There is a lot of white space, some under one of the videos.   

Very distracting.

I am curious, do you know how to float the pics and videos off to the right.  I am not sure if you have chosen the format for artistic expression?

6. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 3 years ago

I used the spacing and formatting as a sort of artistic choice of how to portray my points rather than your generic every day paragraphs that I think often take away from points a person is trying to make.

The vids and pictures are placed merely where I felt they were all most aesthetically pleasing.

As for the third part being hard to find? Other than searching for the title specifically? The only way to find any of the parts is to follow from the first to the second and so on. The second third and fourth have links to the parts before and after them.... A story telling choice made by design. I don't see how 2 and 4 could be any easier to find, but that's just my personal feelings.

Thanks for taking a look though! I am always up for ideas and thoughts on how to change and better myself as a writer.

working