jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Did you ever notice...

1. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

(first I want to apologize for always starting my topics like that. I just can't ever think of an appropriate title)

Did you ever notice how when someone has a question the first person will answer it effectively, then the second person will come on and reiterate what the first person just said... then the op will thank them, and the third poster will come on and add a link or a little piece of info that might have been missed and the op will thank them? This goes on for a while and you think the threads gonna wrap up pretty soon, only no one counted on the fact that there is a second page, where no one wants to read every thing already posted so they answer the question for the op as if it is the first time the question has even been addressed and the whole thing goes on for another page which continues ad nauseum for like 20 more pages till the threads like a year old, the op has lost interest in writing altogether and has taken up bedazzling denim and is never heard from again?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

3. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 3 years ago

4. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

Yup... and for more clarification, see this link

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Baha. Bahahahahahaha.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was afraid of that, but clicked it anyway.
      Will I ever learn?

5. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

hahaha. I enjoyed that.

6. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

lol     I've noticed that (and a whole lot of other things on here).    smile

One of my favorites is when the thread is - like - three years old and is a question like, "I'm living in a horrible situation and need to escape immediately because my life is in danger" -   and then three years later someone resurrects the thread and everyone starts telling the person how he ought to get out of wherever he is immediately.  It makes one think a) I imagine this person figured out what to do some time ago now, or b) Gee, this person could be dead by now."    big_smile   (I'm exaggerating (sort of) to make my point. )  (Or the ones about something like, "Can you help me name my baby, who is due two months from now." - and then someone resurrects the thread years later.)

I've always pretty assumed this kind of stuff is likely to be a matter of, "Hey - there's a question I think I can answer.  Think I'll answer it."  Of course, it could also be a case of, "Hey - I can answer that question.  I see that seventy-eight other people have already answered it, but one can never have too many slightly different versions of the same answer."    smile

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

May 5, 2010
      "I have one hour to live. What should I do with the rest of my life?"

Sept. 25, 2012
      "You should sky dive! Carpe diem, man!"

Jan 6, 2013
      "Seize the day! I would spend it surfing or maybe sky diving."

1. Lisa HW profile image84
        Lisa HWposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why am I thinking there might be a "January 2014".....

"Seize the day.  Go sky-diving."     big_smile

(Has anyone yet gone to that thread to add a "May 2013" post like, "OP, are you still out there and have you gone sky-diving yet?"    smile  )

1. 0
          Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

OP: <crickets>

7. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

8. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago

I've also noticed people will do this with old threads where someone whose life is in danger asks for help and.....................