jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Buy backlinks

1. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Buying backlinks is a fast track to getting your Adsense account irrevocably closed.  Don't do it.  I speak from experience here, Google will catch you eventually.

1. Csanad profile image53
      Csanadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Also, Google values the quality of incoming links more then the quantity of links. Actually Google penalizes for too many bad links. They consider it link spamming.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ouch.  Does this mean you've lost yours?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This thread originally started with a post promoting bought backlinks.  Many years ago I hosted paid backlinks. Google flatlined that blog's page rank for years because of it

2. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 4 years ago

If only we could just buy good quality links then...

3. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Buying links is against Google Webmaster Guidelines and a website can get banned from the Google Index for buying links.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

True, but the reality is that many reputable webmasters have done it for a very long time.

It's something I tried a few times but I never lasted beyond the trial period, because usually the quality of the sites offered was so awful, I couldn't bring myself to use them. 

There are exceptions - very high quality blog networks where you pay a LOT of money to be allowed to guest post on their sites.   It's highly unlikely you would ever be penalized for those, because they're so secretive it would be hard for Google to track them down.  However it certainly wouldn't be worth paying that kind of money to promote Hubs.

4. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 4 years ago

You should post your link, beside blog comments and things like that, is the only two places google uses as reference:
    dmoz
    yahoo directory.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Dmoz is a manually moderated directory of websites.   Unless there's a crooked editor on there somewhere, they're never going to list an individual Hub or blog post, so it's pointless clogging up their queue with them.

And I suggest you read up on the value of backlinks from authority sites.

working