jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would Anyone Like to Review My Site Please?

1. skinbleaching1 profile image74
    skinbleaching1posted 8 years ago

Hello...

I am new to Hubpages and have 1 hub. If you have a moment to spare and could give some constructive criticism of the hub, I'd appreciate it!

I do have adwords and amazon active in My Account, but they're not showing up, I'll work on it. It's not really a 'commercial' hub and there seems to be so much advertising around, I thought i'd try it but I'm really not into it.

Thankyou, I'm looking forward to some of your comments!

2. guidebaba profile image60
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Shift all capsules to the RIGHT except the text capsule. I am talking about - Pictures, videos, links, RSS.

3. skinbleaching1 profile image74

Hello

Thankyou for your comment, I'll do that and see what happens!

4. skinbleaching1 profile image74

Ok, it's done, I hope that's what you meant. Thanks, it looks better!

Any other comments are welcomed...

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

Hey welcome.
    it' looks like you did   thourough  job on your hub but  i  wonder if you can continue
    for long with such a narrow focus?
    hmm

6. skinbleaching1 profile image74

Hi

Well, that's just what the hub is about, so it can't be too narrow in my eyes, but thanks for the comment...

7. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

From a stylistic standpoint, I would suggest:

1. Find a different transition than "stay tuned..." It's a bit clunky.

2. I would unbold "Read on, there’s help at hand…", if not eliminate it altogether. It makes it seem as if the "More Info and Ingredients" section is just that one little paragraph.

3. "Ingredients Get Familiar" should be integrated into the "More Info and Ingredients" section.

4. I would change up the "Is it Controversial to Lighten Your Skin?" section. I wouldn't ask a question unless I was going to answer it. Maybe you should reword it to something along the lines of "you can decide for yourself whether..." However, I would redo it entirely to be a discussion of the issues surrounding skin lightening. Whether something is controversial isn't really a matter of opinion. There's either controversy or not.

5. Rather than having long links capsules interrupting the text, I would integrate links into the text and then have a couple sources at the very end.

8. skinbleaching1 profile image74

Thankyou very much for your detailed reply, it is appreciated...

working