I am new to Hubpages and have 1 hub. If you have a moment to spare and could give some constructive criticism of the hub, I'd appreciate it!
I do have adwords and amazon active in My Account, but they're not showing up, I'll work on it. It's not really a 'commercial' hub and there seems to be so much advertising around, I thought i'd try it but I'm really not into it.
Thankyou, I'm looking forward to some of your comments!
Shift all capsules to the RIGHT except the text capsule. I am talking about - Pictures, videos, links, RSS.
Thankyou for your comment, I'll do that and see what happens!
Ok, it's done, I hope that's what you meant. Thanks, it looks better!
Any other comments are welcomed...
it' looks like you did thourough job on your hub but i wonder if you can continue
for long with such a narrow focus?
Well, that's just what the hub is about, so it can't be too narrow in my eyes, but thanks for the comment...
From a stylistic standpoint, I would suggest:
1. Find a different transition than "stay tuned..." It's a bit clunky.
2. I would unbold "Read on, there’s help at hand…", if not eliminate it altogether. It makes it seem as if the "More Info and Ingredients" section is just that one little paragraph.
3. "Ingredients Get Familiar" should be integrated into the "More Info and Ingredients" section.
4. I would change up the "Is it Controversial to Lighten Your Skin?" section. I wouldn't ask a question unless I was going to answer it. Maybe you should reword it to something along the lines of "you can decide for yourself whether..." However, I would redo it entirely to be a discussion of the issues surrounding skin lightening. Whether something is controversial isn't really a matter of opinion. There's either controversy or not.
5. Rather than having long links capsules interrupting the text, I would integrate links into the text and then have a couple sources at the very end.
Thankyou very much for your detailed reply, it is appreciated...
by Marisa Wright3 years ago
I'd like to suggest we get rid of Hubber Score - and perhaps even Hub Scores. They:- are constantly misunderstood;- cause a lot of upset and grief in the forums; and- encourage newbie Hubbers to direct their...
by Amanda Littlejohn3 years ago
So I published a Hub for kids and parents about the importance of History and trying to show how interesting the subject can be. Then some guy makes a comment on there about the Bible being the best source of historical...
by the pink umbrella23 months ago
"one should always aim at being interesting rather than exact" -VOLTAIREYes, i know that checking your spelling and grammer make for a better hub score, but is anyone else sick of other hubbers who you arent...
by dellea10 months ago
PROBLEM: Whenever I write a hub on a controversial subject, a number of people create new, fake hub accounts solely for the purpose of posting negative comments and feedback on my hubs and/or threatening me anonymously....
by lyricsingray7 years ago
I can't take much more right now.I just got a comment on my hub about the loss of my daughter called-my daughter has no mother-the most painful thing in my life and you can imagine how hard to write about it then just...
by accofranco8 years ago
I noticed an appreciable number of hubbers with 100% hub score,please can you share some of the steps you took to achieve this greatness? Congrats to you all!
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.