jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New Issue with Google . . . can't change birthdate ARGHHHHHH!!!!

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

Okay, so in my on going quest to be approved for AdSense, I finally discovered that when I signed up for Google . . . whenever that was and for whatever reason I can't even imagine . . . I entered the wrong birthdate. Now I can't get approved for AdSense because of minimum age requirement. Yet, Google won't let me change it. I finally found an explanation on why a Google account may be "disabled" due to an age requirement, and that after 30 days that person can reapply and show proof of age. There are supposed to be instructions on how to do this when you "reapply". Only I don't need to "reapply" for a Google account because it wasn't disabled. I just can't change my birthdate so I can apply for AdSense. And I'm not finding any information on what to do.

I HATE GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I may have to open a new Google account with a different email address, which I really don't want to do. I just want to use my one and only email address I plan on having for the rest of my life.

Is it possible someone here knows how I can change my birthdate on Google? It's set to 1996 and should be 1969. If I wait another year, I'll be "of age" to apply for AdSense. What a hoot. NOT!

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you on Google plus? I can change my birthdate through there, but I'm not sure how that translates across multiple accounts...

2. 60
      thecbclubposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Change your "18th birthday" to be tomorrow.
      Take tomorrow's date for the month and day, and then the current year - 18.
      When tomorrow comes and you "turn 18", just change it back to your real birth day.

2. yupperclub profile image66
    yupperclubposted 3 years ago

Don't hate Google for having strict rules.  It's best for everyone.  You can wait until you're "of age" or really try to contact Google.  They'll trace just a change of email, so that may not work.  I would try to contact google by email with maybe a copy of your id attached and maybe they will change it.  ID I usually use is a copy of my driver's license and a recent bill or bank statement (with account number blacked out) just to prove my residence (proof of address).  I keep it handy on my computer (scanned copies) to attach.  Google will get to you.  Just remember they probably get thousands of emails a day.  Unless maybe you say it's urgent or at least reference ID attached (important problem).  They take emails in order or priority so try to make it sound like they should pay attention and not just look at it like ANOTHER (yuch!) email.