jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

How to put a referral tracker on my HubPages home page

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image87
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

I saw that I have this referral tracker that I created. How do I use it to put on my home page on HubPages so people can click on it and join HubPages under me?

The tracking token is 1chuck7. How do I use this token?

Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I remember that I had this link on my profile page but they made it so you cannot put links in your bio. So I put the URL in the place where you can put a link to your website. Here is the page that I was looking for: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For the record, referral trackers weren't designed for on-site use (though it's obviously technically possible).

Also, we disabled the use of links in bios, so it is not all that feasible to include a referral link on the page (unless you choose to mar your bio with an unattractive URL, which we do not recommend).

Just a heads up ^_^;;;;;;

Thanks Simone! I think that when someone is looking at my profile, that is a good time to tell them the advantages of writing for HubPages. So in the upper right hand corner there is a place for links and I use the link for my website to put in that tracker. So all they see is the icon. I get a lot of traffic from Twitter since I have 55,000 followers. Did you do Shakespearean acting when younger, like in college? I can envision you doing this on Broadway.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most external traffic will never visit your profile.

Most of the traffic to your profile will be members, and they're already signed up!

Try putting your tracker on your hubs when you interlink them.

I can put up links that go to my profile. Also are you saying that people who see one of my stories will usually not click on my name to learn more about me or see other stories by me? Your last sentence sounds like a good idea. But if the referral tracker is in the link to the hub and then they go and try to join HP will that make it so they go under me?

Also I read your article about using Pinterest to generate traffic. Then later on after I left the article I was thinking about how Pinterest group pins can get you a lot more traffic since they are seen by thousands of people.

1. WryLilt profile image88
              WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Think about how often you visit content through Google.  How often do you bother to even check the author's name, let alone check out their site?

Clicking a tracker link will insert a cookie for up to 30 days - during that period your adverts will display 9% of the time ANY time they visit Hubpages, even other people's hubs. And you get the referral if they sign up.

I don't really bother with Pinterest groups, although I know they're a good strategy. The idea of an MFP is to be lazy and let visitors do ALL the work without you even needing to go on Pinterest smile

2. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Chuck, that's a brilliant idea! Thanks for posting it.

working