jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Question about hub title

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image22
    Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago

Can I re-use a title that I already used for one of my hubs? I wrote a hub with this title: "5 Simple, But Still Special, Mother's Day Gift Ideas".

Now I'm thinking of writing a hub about Father's Day and was wondering if I could use the same title as above but slightly different- "5 Simple, But Still Special, Father's Day Gift Ideas"? The content will be different because it is about Father's Day so only the title will be mostly similar. Is it okay to do that? Or should I just go with another title?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ceres Schwarz,

I don't see any problem with similar titles so long as both Hubs have completely unique content. If the keywords in your Mother's Day title seem to be performing well, it might be a good idea. If you find the Father's Day title does not perform well, you can always change it later when you edit your Hub.

Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Okay thanks. I'll try different titles and see how it goes.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I'd say it's better to choose a different title.

Google is suspicious of titles that sound too similar.  Their filters see it as a sign that you may have "spun" the article - that is, used the same article but just reworded it slightly.

Okay, thanks. I guess I also shouldn't use the word "simple" in my new title? Or even just "special"? Maybe something like "5 Great and Simple Father's Day Gift Ideas"? Or should I just omit the "simple"?

If I just go with "5 Great Father's Day Gift Ideas" without the "simple", would that still be too similar?

3. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I think you can go ahead and use the similar title. Nothing wrong with that. It's only if you plan to use the same exact title word for word that it becomes not a good idea because it will confuse readers and maybe even yourself.

Okay thanks. I will be trying out different titles and see which one is better. The title won't really be the same because this will be about Father's Day and not Mother's Day. It's just the basic keywords in the title that would appear to be the same.

1. lovebuglena profile image90
        lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love your title "5 Great and Simple Father's Day Gift Ideas". I think readers will be drawn to the fact that the gift ideas are simple. I mean who wouldn't want simple ideas...

Thanks. I started writing the hub already but I'm still thinking of changing the title a bit more because I suddenly got a lot of other ideas so I thought I'd write more Father's Day hubs. Then I can make use of other such titles for those hubs.

4. Poshbytori profile image88
    Poshbytoriposted 3 years ago

Not only should you write it but you should link your other gifting articles to it!  The title doesn't matter as long is it is not an exact match.

Thanks. I will be linking the hub to the other Father's Day hubs that I am also planning to write. And yes, the title won't be an exact match with my Mother's Day hub title because this hub will be about Father's Day.

5. profile image0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

That's an excellent attention-grabbing title and you should definitely use it, and cross-link it with the Mother's Day title as others mentioned for more traffic!

Thanks. Do you mean that it's okay to link my Father's Day hub to my Mother's Day hub? Would those 2 be considered related? Can we link those kinds of hubs together? I was thinking of only linking the Father's Day hub to the other Father's Day hubs I'm planning on writing. My Mother's Day hubs are already linked together.

6. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I think the title is fine. I would make sure you add a summary with your keywords added and let the searcher know your link is worth clicking to find out more.  There is likely a lot of competition for Father's Day gifts.

As far as linking to your Mother's Day hub, I don't see a problem with that.  They are related to the extent that they are holidays for parents.  Anyone searching for Father's Day gifts may also be curious about gift suggestions for mothers as well.

Okay, thanks. I'll be sure to link the hubs together then when I finish my Father's Day hub.

7. peachpurple profile image75
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

I do agree with the others. It is OK to use the same title and omit one or two words with different ones. After all, these hub titles are popular in google search engines. Hope to read your hub soon.

Thanks. I'm working on the hub and hope to publish it soon. So far, the title is a bit different since I planned to write more Father's Day hubs.

working