jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

would like input on Quality featured hub

1. redwhiskeypete profile image85
    redwhiskeypeteposted 3 years ago

I just noticed three of my hubs are not being featured for quality issues. I looked at all three and I don't see what the problem is. At one time they were all featured with no quality problems.
    One of them is http://redwhiskeypete.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Published which also has several comments. I would appreciate any help in figuring out what the problem is.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Hello, redwhiskeypete.

I am sorry that this hub was not featured, but I think it can be fixed pretty easily.

You write well, and the hub was understandable and easy to read.  There is a minor typo here:
    "work behibd the scenes"

Mostly though, this hub reads to me like an editorial - something that would appear in the letter to the editor section in a newspaper.  You want something that can show up on the front page. It is also short.  To fix it, I would turn it more into a book review with a more thorough analysis.

First, start out by telling us what the book is, and what it is about.  I know what it is, but not everybody who reads your hub will.  Tell us about the author and how he is involved. Add a short summary of bin Laden and why his capture was important.

Have you read the book? If yes, Are there other things about the book , good or bad, besides the fact that it is setting a precedent?

If not, , since you are worried about the book setting a dangerous precedent., maybe highlight other books that started that slippery slope.

Add stuff - images, a map, etc. I think a poll would work very well here.

3. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 3 years ago

Pete - Your hub is very well written, but it's also very short and has no photos or other capsule types that seem to be necessary these days in order to pass QAP. The new QAP is being applied to all hubs - new and old, so some of those that were once ok, will fail when they are re-appraised.

4. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 3 years ago

I think you need to rethink that title.  I had no idea what your Hub was about.  Who would know it is a book review???   I have seen some Hubs that are book reviews and after the name of the book, a "book review" is added.  I'd search HP for other book reviews and see how they are written.
    Also you need to make it longer; go into more detail about the book,  add some photos, try and find a video about the subject if possible. You could add a map showing the region of the world where this all took place.  A poll would be good, too. Ask if readers have read the book, did they like it???

5. FlourishAnyway profile image93
    FlourishAnywayposted 3 years ago

My own suggestions from reading "Why No Easy Day Should Not Have Been Published" would be:
    1.  reconsider how you categorize it -- as a book rather than military (better orients the reader)
    2.  develop a strong lead to better orient the reader (e.g., tell reader that Matt Bissonnette is author of a controversial book published in 2012 regarding xx subject)
    3.  include a photo, especially an original photo
    4.  work on the hub title

I hope this helped you.  Kind regards.

1. redwhiskeypete profile image85
      redwhiskeypeteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks millionaire, chasm and the rest, I will take take all of your advise and see what I can do.