Allow No-Follow Text Links

1. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 3 years ago

There are already "no follow" links on Amazon and eBay capsule links.  With Matt Cutts' new announcement that all advertorial links must be no-followed...

...then, given that HubPages allows two commercial text links in hubs, could we please be able to add the "no follow" tag to these links, in the event Google thinks they are paid advertising? 

In experimenting with trying to add the "no follow tag", each time the system "cleans up" the tag.

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's an interesting suggestion, Fiction Teller! Our labeling of commercial links is not perfect, so I am not sure how useful/accurate this might be, but perhaps it might make a difference.
      I've added your recommendation to the suggestions that will be discussed in next week's community meeting. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

2. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 3 years ago

Yes, in case it wasn't clear, I was specifically asking if we (writers) could have the option to label such links that we create in hubs, so we can help prevent that factor possibly hurting our subdomains, rather than have all .com links on the site so-labelled.