jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Self services promo allowed? anyone please

1. KitchenBuyersAid profile image86
    KitchenBuyersAidposted 3 years ago

""Note that promoting your own Hubs or linking to external sites is not allowed and may result in the closing of your HubPages account.""
      OK, I GET THAT...But I am an INDEPENDENT K & B Designer. Am I allowed to plug my availability and  services in the last sentence of a hub?...with an outside Email contact ?? Or will I "go straight to Hubs jail"

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To be on the safe side, I'd avoid doing so.

You can read more about our promotional policies here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

I hope that helps!

1. Windclimber profile image81
        Windclimberposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simone, I'm glad you posted here because I've been looking for two answers that I can't find in the learning center, TOS, FAQ, or Help.
        The first question: is it overly self-promotional to include a byline on all of my hubs plugging my own published works (i.e., "by John Doe, author of 'Memorable Names'")?
        The second question: is it bad form to contact (through comments) the author of hubs related to my published book to ask them if they would like to include an Amazon ad for it?
        Thanks for answering, because I'm sure there are other Hubbers who would like to see an explicit answer to this!
        The second question: it is

1. relache profile image88
          relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1) In my experience as a long-time site member, this is frequently viewed as overly-promotional.

2) It's not just bad form, it's spam.

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I don't see any harm in that but Hub Pages may think otherwise and may punish you for this...

3. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 3 years ago

There is a simple solution to all of this, and I've used it. If you've read the links in Simone's post, and are still not sure, then email your idea to team@hubpages.com. Tell them what you want to do, including planned text and the target site you are linking to. They'll tell you if its okay, and no penalty if they warn you off and you don't do it. I've always gotten a reply in 72 hours, often sooner.

1. Windclimber profile image81
      Windclimberposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, SidKemp!  I found the contact form but the radio button category choices weren't appropriate.  If I don't get a reply from my post above, I'll use the method you posted.  Thanks!