jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

writing about what I love

1. artandbrain profile image81
    artandbrainposted 4 years ago

Hello HubPages community!

I am new to the site and am wondering if there are any other hubbers who have a theme to their hubs. I noticed that a lot of you have a diverse range of topics. I am currently studying Art Therapy in college and I honestly don't know what else to write about. So, I've decided that my hubs will all be about psychology, the brain, art, and creativity. Does any one else have a singular topic that they like to write about most?

-artandbrain

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

artandbrain: I'm sure many writers stick to one topic, and actually this is supposed to be a good thing to do.  Your subject matter sounds intriguing and I'm sure you will do well to write about it.  Welcome to HP and good luck.

artandbrainposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I have seen some creative writers and religious hub writers, but I haven't noticed any similar educational hubbers. However, I am new so there could be many that I don't know about. Luckily, there is a topic in HubPages called psychology and creativity, so I can explore different hubs on the subject.

2. peachpurple profile image78
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

welcome to HP. You can write anything about art such as Museum art, artistic art, how to draw something or someone, brain function, brain problems that are common. Write those hubs that are related to your studies but don't write your studies topics or modules because hubbers are normal people who may not understand these modules. Good luck!!

artandbrainposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I don't plan on submitting any of my scholarly papers as hubs haha, but I would like to keep it educational. Thanks for the advice, you've actually given me another idea for a hub. I have a list of ideas for related topics that I want to write about. I'm passionate about the arts and psychology and love to write in my spare time, so HubPages will be a great outlet for me! smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I write mainly about hard rock/heavy metal music and bad movies... in other words, two "niches" that have no earning power whatsoever. Haha.

But hey, they say "write what you know," and it's what I know.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Well just to offer my two cents, I write on a plethora of different things and I've found that I've had no success whatsoever with that tactic. smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Beth37:  You ought to read some hubs by thephoenixlives...especially the one about writing within a niche.  It will help you a great deal but will also cause you a lot of work!

working