jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Link module misbehaving

1. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

I just had a problem with the link module running Firefox 2.0.0.8.  Hub is unpublished
    I had just cut and pasted (from OpenOffice) 8 links- I cut the link - test the link and then delete the link description and cut & paste my own in.  This worked fine - saved the module could see all 8 links in the edit view Noticed a typo - went back into the link module to edit the title - did that and saved changes - no error message but now I only have the first 2 links in the module - bugger as they say!

2. profile image52
    Stephen Davenportposted 9 years ago

You are ahead of me. I can't figure out how to begin to establish a link. When I drag and drop "LinK" it disapears. Also I don't know how to put a picture in my profile. I am feeling dumb.
    steve davenport

3. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

When you drag and drop a capsule - including the link one it hides down the bottom of the page - go right to the bottom you will see them! Easiest way to move them around then is to reorder them in the widget on the right - below where you go the capsule in the first place.  I agree I think the whole thing is a bit clunky and certainly caused me grief trying to rearrange a  big hub.

4. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Oh and profile photo got to my account tab - at the top and then you will get an edit / add photo option

5. ForTheLove profile image66
    ForTheLoveposted 9 years ago

I've struggled with the link capsule, also. Even watched as I put in links, checked and all was great, published and they went *poof!*...... rather agonizing.. ended up having to restart my PC and whether or not that actually helped I've got no clue, but it worked after that. Sorry for your frustration, though, Lissie.

And Mr. Davenport, definitely keep at it - HubPages is well worth the learning curve! smile

6. ForTheLove profile image66
    ForTheLoveposted 9 years ago

I've struggled with the link capsule, also. Even watched as I put in links, checked and all was great, published and they went *poof!*...... rather agonizing.. ended up having to restart my PC and whether or not that actually helped I've got no clue, but it worked after that. Sorry for your frustration, though, Lissie.

And Mr. Davenport, definitely keep at it - HubPages is well worth the learning curve! smile

working