jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (17 posts)

Attention Poets and Creative Writers

1. PHILLYDREAMER profile image84
    PHILLYDREAMERposted 4 years ago

Some new changes have been made and a lot of you may be affected with regards to your work..  Google Panda has drastically decreased the traffic flowing to HubPages which is why HubPages is re-evaluating the content of Hubs.  Visit this link to read more about it:

http://searchengineland.com/google-pand … son-149767

These changes will hopefully make HubPages a stronger site, but it will certainly decrease traffic on Hubs that are deemed low quality or low engagement.  For this reason it's important for HubPages as a community to band together .  I hope this forum will serve as place for recommendations on how to flow traffic to Hubs to people who aren't versed in SEO techniques. 

My suggestion is to use the big social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to promote your work to your followers.  I follow a few writers on HubPages through Facebook already and will be glad to follow more.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm confused.

1. What does this have to do with poets or creative writers?
      2. That article was from back in February 2013.
      3. What's being discussed is the crash of February 2011 (the original Panda.)

Current issues are relating to Penguin, not Panda, according to my understanding (not that I really keep track too much.)

PHILLYDREAMERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1) Poets and creative writers will be the ones to suffer the most from this change.  The very nature of this type of writing does not allow for keyword rich hubs, meaning once the initial traffic of Hub followers dies down, these hubs will eventually go unfeatured for lack of engagement.

2) The article may be old, but changes are still being made, the most recent one has affected me and at least one other Hubber.  I'm sure there are more

I really don't want to get into a debate on this forum so I will ask people to keep their opinions for a more appropriate venue.  This forum I would like to be about sharing strategies to bring traffic without compromising the integrity of a Hub.

I think Cardisa's hub on SEO for creative writing would be quite useful in that case.

Thank you.  That is exactly what I'm talking about.  This article will be very helpful.

2. madscientist12 profile image93
          madscientist12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

What were the changes that affected you?

The new status of featured and unfeatured articles.  Over half of mine were unfeatured due to low engagement but they would still pick up a hit or two.  The change makes them completely invisible unless a reader digs into my archive.

I'm confused. Featured/Unfeatured is internal and nothing to do with Google. Do you mean because you got lower traffic they became unfeatured?

No, somehow Hubpages was able to render my hubs completely invisible.  I searched using very specific keywords to my hubs, and came up dry.

That's the point of unfeatured hubs. They can't be seen by search engines, so they don't lower the value of the site or your subdomain.

I realize that, but low engagement shouldn't be treated as poor quality.  Most of my hubs are poems with a Hubscore of 60-80.  When I first posted them they received nice traffic, and would score a few hits off the search engines, now they can't do anything.

working