jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Something is definitely going on at least with my hubs!

1. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

It’s obvious something is going on. A few days ago I had two hubs at 100 score and 23 had a score in the 90’s. Overall score was I believe 81 it‘s now 79. My hubs drastically dropped to 3 hubs in the 90’s. Hubs that are always on top have dropped down.
    I know last week I heard drops in traffic were because of the holiday. I don't know what it is today but it's more than that. I guess it's that old feathery penguin. He doesn't like my hubs. I don't know I really don't know what is going on. Maybe it has to do with all the changing on HubPages.
    I know I'm just complaining. I don't need to be told to work on my hubs I do that every single day. I'm not the writer that the most of you are but my hubs stay pretty steady and make a little money.
    Anyone else notice anything odd going on with your hubs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My traffic crept up everyday this week. Today it is falling off a much larger than usual Friday cliff. I just might see a new YTD low this weekend. I have decided to take up basket weaving.

2. 0
    DigbyAdamsposted 3 years ago

That must be frustrating. I'm just sitting tight for a month or so and let the great QAP run it's initial ratings.Then I'll see where by hubs end up. Until I get some indication of what it thinks of my writing, I'm going to write elsewhere. If I'm blessed with QAP love, I've got some stuff I want to write about here.

moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very good idea.

1. ytsenoh profile image90
        ytsenohposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The consistent traffic I used to get has consistently been dropping, so I donKt believe you're alone.  I will explore options.  I think it is a good idea to have more than one writing site to be involved with to test the outcomes.

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 3 years ago

My own efforts on HubPages have been stable since the beginning of the year. Income was level, or up a tiny bit. But this last month, income dropped by about 20%. I'm planning to stay and grow, but I might invest less time here and more on some new projects.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

It's the traffic that matters. Hubscores go up and down for all kinds of reason. Many of the reasons are pretty trivial. Like a random cycling factor.

5. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i am facing a drastic fall in traffic and hubscore for the past few weeks until now. Some blame it on google but i think that it will pick up soon. Some of my featured hubs became "Purple H" -unfeatured due to slow at traffic or comments. Had to do some updating.

6. Availiasvision profile image89
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

My traffic has risen. One factor may be that all but 2 of my hubs are featured. For those of you who have a large percentage of hubs that didn't make the cut, your hubs score and views would naturally go down.  HubPages is still changing things and figuring it out as they go. Be patient and keep writing quality content. You will be rewarded for quality work.  This week, alone, doubled my total views.  It's all how you play the game.

moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All my hubs are featured and have been for weeks now and still the views were dropping, finally they starting going up and as of yesterday the traffic dropped and so did earnings but that's only one day. It can't be because the weather is so nice everyone is out enjoying the nice weather and not on the internet. It hasn't been nice here in weeks.

7. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

I have noticed my hubs scores dropping as well. This, even after I have spent the entire month improving hubs. Then I got the idea to actually do what people keep telling me to do. When I see a score on a hub drop below where I would like it to be, I pull up this page:

I go through my hub and compare it to what I see on that page. I then try to make the improvements that I think I am getting dinged for. 8 out of 10 times I will see it go back to where it was once it has gone through QAP again. If it doesn't I go back and try again.