jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Posting unsubstantiated earnings on HubPages!

1. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

What benefits accrue to the person who makes a post like this and why do we give them so much attention when this is against the rules?     Does this attention we give actually driving traffic to their pages?    If this is against the rules, why are these posts not deleted at source as are some questions?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Usually they're called "sock puppets". Fake user accounts created to stir the pot.

Seeing as the recent one has no content or links, he's achieving nothing.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know there was a name for this, but you are right...one look at a profile tells the tale.  So do not comment until you look!  Once these people get zero responses to the buttons they try to push, they slink away into the night, and good riddance.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
          PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry about driving traffic to these types of pages.  If you go to a page and you think it's a fake profile, or the content/spelling/grammar is obviously bad, you should flag it.  I do.

Sock puppets come and go and are unfortunately an occupational hazard of forums.  It's probably best just to ignore and flag them, but I can't blame people for getting involved sometimes.

1. Will Apse profile image90
            Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Everyone who knew what was going on ignored him last time and he had a hundred fools believing his every word.

2. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Im just curious about the rock pic.

3. cornwall_UK profile image85
    cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago

I think they're just hoping that Mark Ewbie will join their thread... and post one of his masterpieces.