jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Amazon localization

1. Ethan Green profile image90
    Ethan Greenposted 3 years ago

Has anyone suggested an Amazon localization option? I get a lot of traffic from the UK and Canada as well as the US and think a localization option would be good...unless it would mean SEO damage...or thousands more threads from people who have trouble with Adsense applications haha

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, this has been raised quite a few times in the past. And many hubbers are for it. And many experienced hubbers with their own sites indicated that it wouldn't be too difficult to do... I don't know why nothing happened. I know they're working on a lot of things at the moment and so they may not have the bandwidth.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Ethan We do get this request on occasion, but at this time we do not have plans to implement Amazon support for any region other than the US.
      We have made a note of this request and will consider it as we evaluate our plans going forward related to new features.

Ethan Greenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply Matthew:-)

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ethan,

We discussed this in our community meeting today.
      At this time, we have no plans to implement Amazon capsule support for regions other than the US.
      The request has been recorded and it may be considered for future development.

Hi Matthew

Ok, thanks very much for letting us know. I'm glad it came up in the meeting, and I'm sure you guys have good reason for not implementing it at the moment.

2. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 3 years ago

I have geolocation enabled on Xobba, a visitors geolocation is captured and the associate id is swapped to the matching country.

To take full advantage the publisher has to create amazon associate accounts at all participating amazon associate programs. I cover 5 or 6. It wouldnt effect bandwidth but on a site this size there could be performance lag. There can also be issues with products not matching across different amazon sites.

Considering how often there are threads about issues with signing up for adsense and other relatively simple processes. I would imagine the headaches would far outweigh potential profit increases.

*didnt mean to repeat the adsense jab! but user error and general issues with often foriegn language communication, taxes etc would get old real quick!

Do you have much experience with localization on WordPress sites? I've been thinking of getting it set up on my own websites, but am not sure which plugin to use, and whether it has a negative SEO impact...

1. sunforged profile image74
        sunforgedposted 3 years ago in reply to this

the geolocation services just swap out the id within an existing product link.

no seo concerns with that, no more than an adsense block

Ok cool - thanks!

2. Ethan Green profile image90

As another thought - any advice on the best wordpress plugin for localization?
          Cheers!

working