My hub on a different site!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

My whole hub can be seen on two different  sites. Though they gave a link to my hub at the bottom. But who is going to click the link after reading the article. Is it not copied content issue?
    Please see the link---
    http://gogurugo.com/article/carrot-deli … -ka-halwa/
    http://theshaadinetwork.com/?p=251
    Should I make a complaint?
    How to do it?
    There can be many more hubs, which may have been copied, who knows. I would request Team HubPages to do something about it. Recently many hubbers have faced this problem of copied content.
    Thank you!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Warning to anybody who might click the links to the sites provided to see if their Hubs were copied on them: my Norton anti-virus gave me a warning that it blocked an "attack" coming from them....

ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks FatFreddysCat, for your response!

3. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 10 years ago

Yes you do need to file a complain. You will do it  from your Google Webmaster tools. If you do not have one, then you need to get one set up.

There are instructions in Hubpages learning center that tell you what you need to do.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

*OK, I guess I was wrong. You do not need to be on Webmaster to claim your copyright and file a complaint. I still stand by my recommendation of being on it. There is a ton of useful info on it.

Thanks for your response, Bedbugabscond! I will file a complaint. I am on Google Webmasters tools.

4. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

Sigh....

You do not need to be on Webmaster to claim your copyright. I never go there because I find it so terribly confusing, but that has not prevented me issuing DMCA notices.

If the offending site features Adsense ads, you can report it here and get their Adsense account banned (best outcome because they can no longer earn from Adsense on any of their sites):
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … ic=1271507

Otherwise, you can request for content to be removed from Google search results here:
    https://support.google.com/bin/static.p … page=ts.cs

You can also search to find who is hosting the web site and issue a DMCA notice to the host

Yes the website is having lot of advertisements. The page views which should come to me is going to them.
      Thanks WriteAngled for your reply and helpful links!

2. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I always go and try to get their adsense account cancelled, one site which copied my stuff had many obvious adsense violations which I reported but adsense is still there!

1. Susana S profile image90
        Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My experience is that if you want to go for adsense account cancellation then you need to file that infringement notice first and be very patient until it's been accepted (usually a good few months), before filing with the host or google search.

That's simply because adsense seems to take so long to get around to looking into it.

If you've done the other things first (host + google search), then there's nothing for the people at adsense to look at because the page is no longer there.

Of course there's no guarantee that G will cancel their adsense account anyway, but it can be worth a try.

5. Bedbugabscond profile image93

I just DMCA'd and got approval. But the website links are still live. Previous requests led to the page being taken down. Any clues as to why these are up? Were they just deindexed?

6. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

Webmaster might be useful, but it is totally untransparent to users. I have looked at it several times over the past year or so and have never succeeded in understanding how it works and what information it is supposed to provide. I find Google Analytics equally impossible to use. At least the Adsense page just lets me click on "sites" and tells me which of my sites received clicks without expecting me to put code on pages etc.

It is sad that Google seems to want people to have PhDs in computer science to use most of their services.

Exactly! Writing an article is much easier, than to understand and use all the Google services.

7. Bedbugabscond profile image93

Lol. I know right. I understand enough to use it and see results. However, I did have to spend hours and hours researching it. Then a panda or penguin jumps me and/or they change the interface. Then I have to start again! I guess what matters is if you see traffic in your stats page. If you do, then you probably don't have to worry about it.

I did notice a decline in traffic, which made me check out and that is how I found my hubs copied in totality.

8. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

Google will not remove the site; the hosting service has to do this.

Both of those sites are hosting by liquidweb.com.  Send them a formal DMCA request (search on Google for the correct wording and follow it exactly.)  Then, send the notice (a separate one for each website) to this e-mail:
    support@liquidweb.com

AFTER your content is removed, then you may go to Google and request that the cache version of your work be removed, too:

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … er=1663691

Go here to remove cache at Bing/Yahoo:
    https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/tools/co … al?rflid=1

Thanks for your reply and help, Writer Fox! Sorry for responding late. I was a bit preoccupied. I am going to follow your advice now.
      Thanks!

9. ossmedia profile image59
    ossmediaposted 10 years ago

Yes you can complain if the content is copied from your hub.

Thanks for your response, ossmedia!

10. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I am to the point that I am wishing someone would steal my article... it would make me feel wanted.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bob Bamberg found one of his hubs at a site that steals hubs, and is comment was "Well, at least we know they have really good taste".

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

Thanks Beth37 and DrMark, for your opinion!

11. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

sorry to hear that. Mine was copied too. Found it at other sites. If you really want them to remove the article, yes you need to file a complain but i doubt that those sites that had already posted your article would remove it. Only new ones who tried to copy yours will be banned from copying.

Thanks peachpurple, for your concern and reply. I have already filed complaint but nothing has been done so far.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)