jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

cancelling my hubpages account

1. Dancing Water profile image60
    Dancing Waterposted 3 years ago

How do I cancel my hubpages account?

2. profile image61
    MCF-AStAr4Everposted 3 years ago

I would like to know that also, Dancing Water.

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 3 years ago
    1. phdast7 profile image83
      phdast7posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Susana for a quick and simple response.    I have no plans to leave, but sometimes these threads go on and on and never get to the point.   No offense to other posters, but sometimes I just really appreciate someone who will get tot he point.

Just occurred to me that someone reading is probably thinking, "Can't she just get to the point, say thank you, and shut up?!?"   Point taken.     lol

1. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lol - I'm glad you like that I got to the point quickly big_smile

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

Shame you are going Dancing Water. I remember a page you wrote about your mother's funeral and the long, eventually comforting, wake. It chimed with my own experience of life (and death) in Thailand.

5. fpherj48 profile image82
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

OH....me-oh-my......they're dropping like flies!!!   I just wish it wasn't some of our stellar writers........there are plenty of people who have absolutely NO right or reason to refer to themselves as writers....that should bail out.....the sooner the better!  Sadly, we're losing really GOOD writers.....sad

6. Writer Fox profile image76
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Instead of closing your account, why not just remove your Hubs and keep your account open?  You never know when you might want to use it again.  If time passes and you want to write on HubPages again, the rules might be different and setting up with affiliates like AdSense might have different requirements for new people, too.  You can keep your account open and your subdomain name with no Hubs published.

1. CloudExplorer profile image81
      CloudExplorerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Looks like they done that already smile good question, but yeah I think Mr. Fox has a great idea to keep your profile up for future reference.

2. phdast7 profile image83
      phdast7posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good suggestion.  You never know what the future might hold.   smile

7. Austinstar profile image78
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

"Writers write - Sites that want to exploit writers need to do the marketing and promotions, as well as PAY the writers for their product."

Bingo!

It would benefit both parties if each did what they do best...writers should write and the internet gurus should then use their skills to do the marketing. Both parties would benefit.

As it is, neither party benefits since the work just sits there.

8. MrsBrownsParlour profile image86
    MrsBrownsParlourposted 3 years ago

Dancing Water/Reba---I tried to find a way to email you from your page and couldn't, and had already left you a Fan Mail, so I guess my only option left is to comment here. I have greatly enjoyed interacting with you here, and invite you to stay in touch with me if you wish. I am on Facebook as "Lurana Brown" and my email address is "luranajbrown@yahoo.com". The door is always open, whether I hear from you soon or not. I wish you every blessing and hope all is well with you!! Peace, Lurana

1. CloudExplorer profile image81
      CloudExplorerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That was sweet of you to write Lurana, wow! too kind indeed. smile

1. MrsBrownsParlour profile image86
        MrsBrownsParlourposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mike, Reba was one of the sweetest, most gentle people here. I know she will be missed. Thanks.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

My mother used to say "never throw out your dirty dishwater until you have clean dishwater"...I agree with Writer Fox...time changes a lot of things, and nobody knows what the future will hold.  HP is a good site and although they are having some bumpy roads rights now, this does not mean that those same roads cannot smooth out.

2. Dancing Water profile image60
          Dancing Waterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are such a sweet soul. Lurana.  Thank you for your kind offer to stay in touch.  I look forward to corresponding with you.  Further, I will pop by to read the wonderful works that hub writers put forward.  Mucho hugs, Reba

1. MrsBrownsParlour profile image86
            MrsBrownsParlourposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am glad you have not completely disappeared, truly! Thanks for your reply. I'll look forward to seeing you around! :-)

working