jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How to I submit my hubs to Bing/Yahoo?

1. WalterPoon profile image90
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to submit my hubs to Bing/Yahoo for indexing but they need me to verify ownership of my subdomain by one of several methods, i.e.

Option 1: Place an XML file on your web server
    Option 2: Copy and paste a  tag in your default webpage
    Option 3: Add CNAME record to DNS

How do I go  about doing it?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't.

The crawlers will come round and pick up your hubs anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

WalterPoonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Susana, you are right, but it takes time. I wonder why HubPages don't look into this. If they would just add a box to our profile page for us to add a metatag, it would help tremendously... unless Bing/Yahoo is as efficient as Google. For Google, I don't mind because it crawls HubPages very fast.

2. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

HubPages submits a new SiteMap to the search engines about every hour, which includes all newly published/featured Hubs. You don't have to do anything.  Google found my latest Hub two hours after it was featured and sent traffic about an hour after that.

Just make sure that your on-page SEO is up to snuff.

Thank you, Writer Fox. I didn't know that. If that is the case, there's no need to worry about Google and Bing/Yahoo. Does anyone use free web submission services to the other search engines? Those search engines doesn't ask for anything, other than the domain name. I haven't tried it yet and wonder whether they allow subdomain submission.

3. Writer Fox profile image78

Don't submit anywhere else.  There's no need.  Here's a chart I made for my Hub 'SEO Tutorial' from industry data on May 1, 2013:

Copyright © 2013 Writer Fox™. All Rights Reserved.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8058584_f248.jpg

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You really are a keeper. smile smile smile

2. WalterPoon profile image90

Thank you, Writer Fox. I've been wasting a lot of my time, submitting my personal websites to these other search engines. Guess it is more fruitful to focus on social media.

4. Writer Fox profile image78

I agree.  Besides, many of those so-called 'submission' services are really spam links which can hurt you on Google.

5. Writer Fox profile image78

@paradigmsearch
    That made me happy!

working