jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

blue arrow pointing down

1. evamaries profile image60
    evamariesposted 3 years ago

Greetings:  I noticed on one of my hubs that it has a blue icon states that traffic is failing.  It has only been up for less than 10 days.  It is still featured.  What does this mean?  Will the hub become unpublished?  How long does one have to have failing traffic before is taken down?  Any ideas?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Let's all go have a look at Evamaries hub so she will have a red arrow pointing up. Apparently, it only takes two views for me to get a red arrow.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

It's not going to be taken down anytime soon.  Everyday some of your Hubs will have blue arrows, some will have red arrows and some won't have anything.

Pay closer attention to the statistics for traffic from search engines.  The SEO of your Hub is what you need to focus on.  It's wonderful to have visitors, feedback and comments from within the HubPages community, but the success of your Hub is dependent upon traffic from search engines.  If you don't eventually have that, your Hub will become unfeatured at some point.

3. CloudExplorer profile image80
    CloudExplorerposted 3 years ago

I love the arrow game it means that our hubs actually have a pulse, Up means their alive and beating strongly (Receiving good hub traffic), down means their close to dieing out in terms of Hub traffic stats is concerned.

Be aware that the web is a fluctuating beast of a machine counter and stats will always be all over the place. Look to the right of the screen for the 'H' symbol (In your 'My Account' Hubs section) and also look for the 'Circle' half filled & empty symbols, this will help you to determine the true status of your hub in terms of Featured or not, hover over them for a moment and the info for each shall be revealed to you.

Tips and symbols to acknowledge which shall help us all to fight the down arrows which prevents our hubs from becoming unfeatured, some will automatically get unfeatured depending on overall hub quality:

Black H = Featured and is considered to be a High quality hub | Action: Share them socially sparingly to keep them there, no duplicate shares though on a single post area or social feed like in a FB group, because that may back fire on you. (A post every once in a blue on differing social platforms like FB, G+, Stumbleupon, Pinterest, Twitter etc... make sure you've established yourself there with those you communicate to or this won't be very effective)

Half filled circle = Unfeatured for lack of getting views or activity | Action: get to networking them puppies, learn to share fairly with others on multiple social platforms, you need to learn to market your hubs outside of hubpages without being viewed as a spammer. (It takes balance for sure, and dedication to communicating effectively with others)

Empty circle = Unfeatured for Hub quality issues | Action: Proof read each hub you launch, Double check for spelling, grammar, content placement issues, no link stuffing, work on your titling, look to add relevance to each aspect of your content, is it useful, informative, exciting, check for broken links, and tons more.

4. 0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

I've been trying very hard to not monitor my hub stats on a daily basis, but I do anyways... it's too much like watching the stock market. In reply to your questions, from day to day and week to week I see hubs go up and down in my stats like yo-yos... I'm used to seeing single up or down arrows, sometimes double arrows. I have a few hubs that have gotten very little traffic over the last few weeks, but most are yo-yo's. But, from an overall perspective, I wouldn't stress it too much, just keep writing. If over time you have some hubs that are no longer performing, just go back and revamp them and see what happens.

5. shivani karki profile image61
    shivani karkiposted 3 years ago

I know what you mean.. But I think one of the ways to increase your score is to participate in hub discussions such as these!

6. 0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

I don't mean to be so corrective shivani, but participating in discussions is more likely to help with your "hubber score" or the score of your overall profile... evamaries original question here was why her hubs had blue down arrows, and participating in discussions is much less likely to increase individual hub scores, unless people in discussions find you interesting enough to follow you.