jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Could HP move back the share buttons to the top please?

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

Hubpages has chosen to place a skyscraper ad directly to the right of our content. Then they placed their own search ads directly below that which means that the share buttons are less visible as many people will not see them that far below buried under those ads.

I am imploring Hubpages staff and management to move up the share buttons to the top of the skyscraper. That super colorful ad will not be drowned out by the shares because it's a graphic ad but the shares are being drowned out by the ad, which means less traffic from social sharing.

Alternatively you could use share chiclets instead of counters and place them directly below our avatar.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8060657_f248.jpg

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Cardisa
      I will bring up both suggestions in our next community meeting.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

@Cardisa
      We discussed this in our community meeting today and have decided at this time to not change the location of the social sharing buttons.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

That ad should be moved down as there's already one header ad. It's just too much of ads. People are more likely to click it after they've read their share of information not just come on your page and click out.

Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree Brandon. Informational pages do not need as many ads because if people are going to click, there is the likely chance that one or two ads will pick up the keywords in your article and display the ad you want.

There are instances with so many ads that three or more of them are the exact same thing.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's true and I wouldn't want even product review hubs to be full of ads as there are already amazon and/or ebay capsules present

Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

On my last count there were eight or nine ads on  page. That's too much. Reminds me of a parked page/site.

3. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

However, I love how the "share" buttons follow the article down the page.  This new addition seems to have REALLY helped my last article take off on FB.  Please keep the "floating share" buttons!!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78

Noted!

1. agilitymach profile image97
        agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

working