jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Using hubpages phone application?

1. John Jason Hosac profile image59
    John Jason Hosacposted 4 years ago

Does anyone else have issues using the app for writing responses or anything else on HP? It will not work in landscape mode for me. It also zooms in too far on a text field and does not pan over when I type.

1. Helena Ricketts profile image97
      Helena Rickettsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have it downloaded on my iPhone and I don't like it.  I too like landscape and can't get the screen to do it.  The only thing that I use it for now is uploading photos that I took with my phone.  To me, it's just good enough to say that there's an app.  My guess would be that others are probably having the same issues.

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

I use the phone app all the time. Sometimes it freezes, or has black screen or moves to another page. I don't think it goes to landscape. All kinds of weird things happen. I think I need to upgrade from iPhone 4

3. carter06 profile image87
    carter06posted 4 years ago

I only use mine to read & make comments on hubs but I can't figure out how to edit or upload photos on the phone app! Does anyone know if it allows us to do this? If so how?

It does!  That's the only reason I use it.  I'll try to explain it...

Open the app and sign in if it asks (hit or miss on mine).

Tap the middle icon on the top row that says "photos."

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8065721_f248.jpg

Tap "Choose Existing"

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8065722_f248.jpg

It will take you to the photos that you have on your phone.  Mine are always in Camera Roll and it takes it a minute for the phone to show the photos.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8065732_f248.jpg

You can choose up to 10 photos to upload at once.   A little red circle with a check mark at the bottom will show up on the photos that you select.  Then tap Done in the top right hand corner.

A few seconds later, you'll see this:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8065733_f248.jpg

And the photos will show up in your photos on your account.  Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes.  I LOVE this feature.  Saves a lot of time!

Hopefully that helps!  smile

4. carter06 profile image87

Helena thanks so much for that.. But brainless as it seems I can't figure how to edit once I'm signed in!
    Any idea?

I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure.  Are you wanting to edit the photos using the HubPages app?  It doesn't have that feature.  sad  BUT, you could edit using a different app like Instagram and upload those photos from you photo stream.

I sure hope I was understanding what you were saying.  I admit, I can be a bit dense in the brain sometimes!  smile

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

If you're using safari on IOS, it doesn't support direct upload of photos, so you need to use the app.  In the iphone app click the photos/video and you can upload directly to HubPages.

6. carter06 profile image87

Ok got it for photos but is there a text edit button on the app?

OH!  I misunderstood what you meant, sorry!  smile  I see it now that you said text to begin with.  hmm

7. glassvisage profile image82
    glassvisageposted 4 years ago

Hope to see the app on Windows Phones soon!

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

Nope, no text edit in the app.   The reason we have the app is you can't do photo upload via safari.

We have been making improvements to the safari mobile site.  Can't edit there yet, but someday:)

9. carter06 profile image87

Thanks Paul appreciate your feedback..One day heh?? It' ll happen for sure, keep @ it!! Many thanks for your tech savvy knowledge..loving how it evolves smile

Thanks heaps for your help Helena..you are awesome!!

Cheers

working