jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Disabled ads- opinion on hub?

1. sparkleyfinger profile image91
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I had my ads disabled on a hub on the history of corsets. In it, I mentioned the contemporary use of corsets in the burlesque scene. I can understand how this may step on google's toes a bit, but there was really no sexual content.
    I have removed a couple of photos that may have been frowned upon, as well as removing any reference to burlesque. I'm wondering how long the ads will take to come back? They literally got disabled an hour ago. I have unpublished then republished the hub after editing, hoping to refresh the publishing status, but to no avail.
    I don't know whether I'm allowed to add the URL here, so I'll leave it out to be on the safe side.

If anyone could look over the hub and suggest anything else that may flag up? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey sparkleyfinger, I just had one of our moderators look over your Hub and ads have been turned back on.
      In the future it's a good idea to email the staff directly to have ads reinstated on Hubs. Once they've been turned off, they won't be turned back on again unless approved by a moderator.
      P.S. Neat Hub, by the way. As a frequent Renaissance Faire attendee, I do loves me some corsets!

2. Bedbugabscond profile image89
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

Is it your hub on how to make a corset? I don't see a hub about the history of them.

3. sparkleyfinger profile image91

Thanks! I sent a wee email to hubpages, but wasn't sure about whether I'd sent it to the right place or if  there was even any point in emailing if the subject was deemed to be inappropriate still. Thanks for such a quick response!  To contact the staff, is it the help section I go through? Thanks

If you know which staff member you need to contact, you can shoot him/her and email through his/her HubPages user profile. Otherwise, you can find our contact information on the Team page: http://hubpages.com/about/team big_smile

1. chasmac profile image98
        chasmacposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's necessary to shoot any of the staff. I do agree about emailing them though. smile

Well, thank goodness! As a member of the staff, I'm inclined to strongly agree. tongue

1. chasmac profile image98
            chasmacposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But it was YOUR idea!!
            Actually, I was more worried that you'd quietly edit your "shoot AND email" typo and ruin my joke. smile

Nah, I believe in owning up to one's mistakes, even when they're a bit silly and embarrassing! I'll learn from it and read my future comments more carefully, though. LOL

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's the FAQ entry on hubs with ads disabled:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsdisabled

At the very end there is a link for contacting us about it:

http://hubpages.com/email/help/alert/disabled

I believe there is also a contact link in the warning that appears on your hub if you expand it.  If you email us that way, your question will be automatically routed to someone that is capable of helping you with that problem, and therefore it's the most expedient way to get your issue resolved.

It really helps us to help you, when you contact us through either contact links in the FAQ, or via the help wizard, as opposed to emailing team@hubpages.com, or contacting individual staff directly.

4. sparkleyfinger profile image91

Thanks a lot! :-)

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

or just email team@hubpages.com to avoid having to go via an internal page.

6. SAM ELDER profile image75
    SAM ELDERposted 4 years ago

I had exactly the same problem with my hub  - How to Shop for a Corset - . I think It has to do with the word "corset" as it is mostly associated with adult industry. Just send email to hubpages' moderator  for review and they will fix it.

7. sparkleyfinger profile image91

thanks!! Ill know in future now smile

working