jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Poor Google Ad Placement Again

1. len7288 profile image49
    len7288posted 7 years ago

There is a poor google ad placement again on the writer's share of impression. I hope it will go back to normal very soon because the number of clicks and earnings went down to almost half since it started (last week of january).

2. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

From past few days , i am also observing this type of poor placements in hubs.
    Till January the placements were great, but from February it is getting worse.

February has only 28 days and Hubpage is experimenting ad slots this month itself. And i already lost 8 days with the lowest earnings.

Very bad decision from Management.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I haven't noticed much of a change... Hmm...

I did just pull up three random hubs, of my own, and noticed a slight change in a few hubs, but nothing too bad.

I haven't noticed a drop in clicks, either though... Has your traffic stayed consistent?

4. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

There is no decrease in traffic. In some hubs, there will not be any ads at the top. Instead of showing a banner ad at the top it will be shown below comment box. This is the major change i noticed.

If the ad appears both at top and bottom at same time , it will be good.

Many other positions like wide skyscrapper are being experimented. They are good, but one ad should appear at the top.

In last year Hubpages have experimented Leader board ads, but it was also not implemented.

5. rmshdc profile image60
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

surprisingly, i had a better feb first week.  but since last two days and most part of Jan 09, the results were very poor, in terms of click thrus

rather, in terms of %, click thru' in jan 2009 was worst month.  I thought, it was happening to me only.

6. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I'm sure Paul or someone working with Yield Build would know more, but in a lot of cases I've seen the ads vary slightly, and the clicks will vary as well. I wouldn't worry too much. They know what they're doing, and they're always trying to find the best placement for optimum earnings.

Plus, they typically test on their own 40% of the impressions from what I've gathered.

7. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

January was our best month ever on HubPages - nearly 3 times the December earnings.

Traffic was up by about 50%, and the average CPC didn't change much, so we were obviously getting a much better CTR.

HubPages was showing a CTR for us of 1-2% for most of last year - in January it was over 2.5%.

Whatever the changes are, they're working for us ...

8. len7288 profile image49
    len7288posted 7 years ago

Traffic is still up but the number of clicks went down by half because they placed usual ad on top and placed it below the comment box.

9. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

January happened to be my best AdSense month ever with Hubpages. I'm having eCPM $15-17, with $150+ on some hubs. Those receiving traffic from Google are my best earners.

10. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I am sick and tired of seeing www.lkadvani.com ad on almost all my hubs belonging to an indian political party though i do not support any political party or write on any political issue.

1. Anamika S profile image71
      Anamika Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry the extension is not dot com but dot in.