jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Expansion of Featured status.

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

Currently a hub gets featured if it scores 6 or above overall (correct?). Although I understand some of the reasoning behind not showing detailed QAP scores, I think that splitting 'featured' into two:

Featured (with a QAP score between six and eight)
    Featured (with a QAP score eight or over)

would really help writes decide which hubs to focus on and also give them an indication of their own personal 'quality'.....

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years ago

The QAP is still pretty new.  We don't have all the data at the high end of the range yet.  So, we could only show you a range 5 - 7.3.  Not sure it's that helpful yet.  However, we are looking at ways to get accurate ratings for the high end...It's a good suggestion.

3. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Sorry to interrupt... How do I know my hubs QAP score? All i could see is the hubscore for the hub. Thanks.

1. To Start Again profile image84
      To Start Againposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't currently see that rating but it has been the hot topic in the forums lately wink

4. abhishek07 profile image60
    abhishek07posted 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Please help me out as I m new to this community I need to add 5 featured hub as I submitted one post but was not according to the standard of Hub but I am not getting exactly how to deal with it!! neither I am getting any option of adding featured hub.

So please help me out how to do all such stuff.

1. myefforts profile image84
      myeffortsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You need to tweak your hubs a bit in order to get them featured. Look for any language errors, the relevance of the content to the topic and the category you are choosing for your hub.

5. ROBERTHEWETTSR profile image81
    ROBERTHEWETTSRposted 3 years ago

I don't see the benefit of the open circle icon indicating a hub is not featured because it presumably has low quality.  There  are no explanations of whether it is grammar, format, flow, subject matter  etc.  How does this rating help the hubber?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It isn't very helpful. It kinda just says "Get to work." But yes, it would be easier if it could be narrowed down. Maybe ppl could allow a friend on HP's to edit/critique it when it comes up unpublished.

6. PaigePixel profile image94
    PaigePixelposted 3 years ago

Wow. I'm new here and didn't quite understand how this works. I was really excited that all of my first hubs were featured, but it it only has score over 50% okay, maybe I need to tone it down a little. lol

I'm really looking forward to the more detailed input as well.

7. abhishek07 profile image60

@PaigePixel me to had same condition actually I was really very excited because I had heard a lot about hub pages I made a post here but I am ask to post 5 featured hubs !! I am not able to understand what is exactly featured hub. So please some one explain me what is about and how I can execute this process.

1. susi10 profile image93
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It means that you have to write 5 really good hubs. That means they have to be probably over 750 words, contain properly attributed pictures and a poll or video. These metrics may vary but if a hub is really good it will be featured.

8. abhishek07 profile image60

Got your point, means I need to submit 5 hubs and if found good stuff then it will be published as Featured Hub.