Is there a way to see the score of someone else's hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

Just curious. It seems like I've seen people mention other's hub's score, not a hubber's profile score, but a hub they wrote. Yet I never see a hub score anywhere other than on my own stats list of hubs.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Yes, there is a list of hubs, "Best, "Hot", and "Latest" with hubscores on them. It used to be where Explore/Hub Topics is now where we could navigate through it to see all hubs with scores. I understand that it is still here somewhere but I don't know how to access it anymore.

1. sallybea profile image93
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting, I did not know you could do that - maybe someone can enlighten us.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just found it by entering http://hubpages.com/hubs/hot into the address bar.  You can also find the best authors by entering http://hubpages.com/authors/best.

Or find hub scores on the feed.

1. profile image0
          Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks guys. I was not aware of the "hot", "best", etc. hubs. Good to know what we're aspiring to. wink

1. profile image0
            summerberrieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd keep in mind this is HPs system of scoring and not Google's. Because the hub is scored high does not necessarily correlate with high organic search traffic.

I think a better way to gauge what is best for you is to look at your data in Google Analytics. Go thru the key words on the hubs which are getting high search traffic and see if you can make more hubs from those key words (if you have time to kill, it is really interesting to see what people are typing in the search to land on your hub) 

Another route to see what HP wants for higher ranking hub score try using their new templates.

If you want a newly  published hub to come out of the box with a higher hub score then try this:
            As soon as you have a title inspiration, start a new hub and leave the title until you are ready to work on it, usually if it is a good title its score will begin to rise on its own. As you work on the hub, the score will rise. I have ten hubs unpublished in various stages of completion and some of those with no content have a hub score of 70. Keep in mind though this isnt really necessary. Even if you publish a hub at a score of 50 it should rise quickly.

PS. I admit I miss the list. It was easier to go thru the latest hubs that way and read interesting titles. I rarely visit the topics page.

3. gts68 profile image73
    gts68posted 10 years ago

Interesting. Hubs that are in my news feed that aren't mine have a score beside the title. When you click on that hub, there is not a score to be found. And that kind of sucks because that's that initial score that's usually quite low since the hub was just published in the past hour or less - not really good promo...

1. profile image0

I've heard someone say you can see hubscores of hubs in the feed, but I never found the number until now. But you're right. What's the point of putting the scores when they're newly published and at a low score?? hmm

4. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Its a secret and very naughty, indeed,
    but try author(dot)hubpages(dot)com/hubs/latest etc.

1. profile image0

And you're supposed to see a hub's score when you do that? I tried it and didn't. Am I missing something?

1. janderson99 profile image53
        janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8069792_f248.jpg

5. rebthomas profile image79
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

Just curious.  Why would you want to?

1. profile image0

I've heard other people mention seeing scores and was just curious. I want to know what hubs are considered worthy of particularly high scores, how mine compare to those, etc. I also wonder if people see my scores.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hubscores fluctuate so much, that I don't even find them important. I've had hubs that at 100 that weren't any  better than any others. It is more of a popularity score.

1. Judi Bee profile image90
          Judi Beeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hub score seems to be even more volatile than Hubber score - my hubs seem to cycle around a 20 point circuit for reasons that aren't apparent to me.  Their scores bear no relationship to their traffic or their quality (which doesn't change from day to day).  So I ignore it.

2. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

People use it to steal ideas. I'm fed up with people who constantly tell people how to do this. There's just a few people who know this. They can't wait to tell others. There's no reason to know this except to know how to scrape and do competitive research.

1. SerraB profile image63
        SerraBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, to be fair: If people are clamoring at the chance to tell others, in print, online - there's more than just a few that know how to do this. And I absolutely believe that Not Everyone has ill intentions when it comes to looking up those stats. Some people are curious - and actual real people behind a keyboard, not some scrapers hoping to throw some adsense up and have another account lined up for next week when it gets pulled. If it were only used for bad stuff, HP would tear that ish down and redirect to the home page.

Some of us can learn without being copycats. Just sayin.

Oh and scrapers were smart they'd go through the hub hopper before articles were featured. It's much easier than a link to a page with already-featured articles.

1. moonlake profile image82
          moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My, my, aren't you the cynic.
        A high hub score isn't a guarantee for high traffic, it's an indicator of quality content, ie. a good writer.
        Someone could "steal" the topic idea, and still write a poor hub that won't succeed.
        And if you are afraid of competition on a topic - maybe the internet isn't the best place for your efforts.

Secret niches and keywords are the mantra of the "get rich fast" schemers - most good content writers quickly learn the fallacy of that mindset.

GA

1. profile image0
          DigbyAdamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've made my living online for 10 years. I just don't like being handed over on a silver platter, which is just what HubPages did before with their best and hot hubs. I know how to handle competition. I just don't like being stupid about it. I really don't need HubPages in my portfolio. So it really doesn't matter to me if I stay or leave. But other people might need it more and they should know the stakes of stuff like that.

3. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Makes since, I was wondering why you would want to know that information anyway.  What business is it of theirs?  It's like someone wanted to find a way to contact hubbers through their own personal emails.  Really? 

Just be happy for someone else who wrote a great hub and you read it.  The score doesn't mean anything anyway it's just a number, hell, it's not like we are going to get more money or a band will start playing.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

interesting question. I never thought of knowing the hubscore of a hub. Yes, it would be interesting to the hubscore then , you will be able to decide whether to write a similar topic on it.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I'm thinking of a topic, I search HP using that topic to search.  You will know quickly how many Hubs have been written on that subject.  I may read a couple of those Hubs to get an idea of how the Hub was written.
      I had what I thought was a super and interesting topic a few days ago.  I search the topic and found the BEST Hub.  I could never have covered that subject half as well.  So, I thought of something else to write about.
      Oh, I do use AdWords, too.  That helps.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

peachpurple, I don't think you should write a similar topic to someone else's. I never checked if someone else had written an article about the topics I chose or not. I'm learning to check and not write on the same topic as someone else here at Hubpages.

If they wrote a good hub, they'll outrank you every time, simply because their hub has more age than yours does. Try for new ideas that no one else here has written about. You'll do much better.

7. Toytasting profile image61
    Toytastingposted 10 years ago

This is interesting. I was not aware of the "Hot", "Best" hubs. Thank you guys!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)